24/7

You and Matt started walking, saying no words to each other.

"You don't talk much. Do you?" He asked. You glared at him for a moment. Slightly offended.

"Uhm..no I guess not unless someone else is talking to me." You truthfully said.

"Okay well..." he thought for a moment, "Why did you apply for the job when you saw it?" He asked. Trying to start up conversation with you.

"..well I had just moved from *whatever* and I needed a job quick." You said.

"And why did you move?" He questioned. This made you flinch and he noticed. Yikes, awkward question. You didn't respond. "It's alright. You don't have to tell me right away. But now you ask me a question." He said. You smiled at that slightly and started thinking.

"Why do you always wear those glasses? They look good but I'm just confused." You said.

" a lot of people get disturbed by me when I don't have them on." He answered. You stopped. You wanted to see what he looked like without them but felt it was inappropriate. "Do you want to see me without them?" It was like he read your mind.

"If you don't mind. Then of course."  You said. He smiled and took his red glasses off of his face. You saw his puppy dog eyes and his barely noticeable freckles. You thought he was beautiful with the glasses. But without them? He was gorgeous. You felt your face get hot. His face got a little concerned.

"Y/n? Are you okay? Is it me?" He asked. You panicked.

"No no no! I just don't get why people are disturbed." You sort of mumbles the last part, but he heard it clearly and smiled to himself.

"You're sweet." He told you. You got even more red by this.

"Wh..what?" You stuttered slightly. Very confused. He laughed airily.

"You heard me." He said. You weren't sure what to say.

You were still about 10 minutes from your apartment. Until you decided to ask a question.

"Hey..uh....could I, have your number?" You nervously asked.

Matt tried not to get too eager. "Of course. But does that mean that you will talk to me more?" You smiled and he handed you his phone. You put your number in and handed the phone back to Matt.

"That depends, are you?" You said. He looked down at his phone and typed something. Your phone rings and you open the message.

"Hi" he texted. You laughed.

"Hi" you replied. Grinning.

"So, just how much are you gonna text me?" you asked.

"Well you can text me 24/7, I'll text you as much as I can." He made you laugh a lot, even if the things he said weren't meant to be funny.

By then, you both had made it to your apartment. You grabbed your keys and unlocked your door.

"Bye. I'll see you tomorrow." He said hesitatingly. You said your goodbyes and closed the door. Walking over to the couch, you couldn't stop thinking about Matt. But something else made you stop. Your phone had rang and the phone number was a random number, from your old state. Your nerves went up slightly as you thought about Answering the phone. You pressed 'accept'.

"...hello?" You said.