Chapter 9

Deku POV

"IS KUTSKI BAKUGO RETREATING?!?!?!" Present Mike shouts through the screen. At first there's a pause, then Denki breaks out into hysterical laughter.

"Big bad Bakugo is running away! HAHAHAHA!!!" He says through his laughs. A few seconds later I join in him. Laughing hysterically as the ego driven Kacchan runs away, the rest of his team behind him. I'm betting he came face to face with that purple haired boy.

"I think it was your little crush that beat him," I tell Denki as our laughs begin to subside. His face becomes bear red.

"I don't have a crush on him! How could I if I don't even know him?" Denki grumbles as he slouches into the couch.

"Who says you have to know someone to have a crush on them? It's not shallow to find someone interesting because of their looks. Love forms after you get to know someone and I don't think falling in love and having a crush is the same thing," I ramble slightly. Denki looks at me as though I've spoken a foreign language.

"That is the most profound thing you have ever said," Denki says with sarcastic amazement. I roll my eyes and turn my attention to Todoroki and Eri, completely ignoring Denki. They're both sitting on the floor snacking on the chips and dip said blonde set out. He also set out a veggie and cheese and cracker trey. He went all out with the snacks this year. I reach over and grab a piece broccoli, dipping it in some ranch before eating it. Denki's phone suddenly begins to ring. He pulls it out of his pocket and looks at the caller ID.

"Excuse me, I'll be right back, " he says standing up and walking out of the room. I turn back to the tv and eat a couple more pieces of broccoli. The rest of the round isn't as exciting because the students faught in the dome. The camera couldn't look into it without almost being destroyed so they stopped trying completely. A small commercial break comes on to pass the time. Durning which, I finish the broccoli and start on the carrots. Once the commercials are over the screen displays Midnight standing on a sort of pedestal.

"This years sports festival will be split into two days. Because 20 talented young hero's have made it to the third stage, we decided to have 10 fights today and 10 fights tomorrow," Midnight explains to the camera.

"Are we going to watch tomorrows fights too?" Eri asks looking back at me. Todoroki also turns to me with curiously. I guess he wants to watch them too.

"Maybe, we'll see when Denki gets back," I tell them.

"Ok," Eri says excitedly. Todoroki nods and turns back to the screen, followed by Eri and I. Midnight is spinning a wheel with a bunch of student names.

"Hanta Sero will be fighting...." She pauses dramatically to let the wheel finish spinning. The anticipation stretches out the moment making time feel slow. Finally the wheel itself begins slow to a stop. "Hitoshi Shinso!" She announces. Everyone cheers at her performance, even Eri is excited now. Midnight sure does know how to pump up her audience. I look back to the TV and they have two pictures projected on the screen. One is of Denki's crush, whose name is apparently Hitoshi Shinso, and the other is of Hanta Sero. I readjust in my seat sitting cris cross, closer to the edge of the couch. Brainwashing vrs elbow tape. Shinso definitely has the advantage. Though that's only if Sero doesn't know about his quirk. If he does know than it'd make it much easier to avoid being brainwashed and Shinso would lose his advantage.

"Hey guys, sorry I took so long," Denki says as he enters the room.

"It's fine, who called you?" I question looking back to him.