Chapter 8

Shinso's POV

I listen closely as Midnight explains the rules. Since the objective is to keep your flag safe and there's no reward for stealing another teams flag, it's probably best to have a team with mostly defensive players.

Once Midnight finishes her explanation, we all begin to form our teams. I end up on a team with a healthy mix of classes. Momo Yaoyorozu, Ochaco Uaraka, and Tanya Ida are all from class 1A. Monoma Neito, Yui Kodai, and Reiko Yanagi are from class 1B. Mei Hatsume is from the support course, and I'm general studies.

"We have 8 members so we still need two more people, " Momo states.

"Yeah but it looks like everyone else has aalready joined another team, " Uaraka responds, her eyes scanning the other students.

"That's not possible. Just enough students to form four equal teams qualified, so there are at least two other people who haven't joined a team. Let's pick an area for right now, maybe walking around will help us find the last two people we need, " I suggest to the group.

"I agree, standing here won't do much good. Let's go to blue since it's on the other side of the court. We'll get more attention walking acrossed the field and hopefully it'll attract our last two members, " Monoma comments. Everyone else nods in agreement and we make our way to the blue section.

Apon arrival, we find Fumikage Tokoyami. The fourth place winner and a flag.

"Would it be alright if I joined your team? " he asks respectfully.

"Yes of course Tokoyami, " Momo says. This, however, causes a scowl to etch itself on Monoma's face.

"No. There will not be more class A losers on this team then there are class B students, I refuse to let our team be dragged down by the class A scum, " Monoma whines. I roll my eyes and turn to him.

"Are you done yet? " I ask. He glares angerly and begins to speak, only to then fall silent with wide blank eyes. Monoma now stands there an empty shell waiting for orders. I turn back to the rest of the team. They all looked shocked and some what relieved.

"My quirk is called brainwash, I ask a question and when they answer they become braineashed and do what I tell them to, " I explain. Everyone makes an o face and sigh in relief. "Anyways, we need to come up with a plan. I have a rough plan already but we'll need to work out the kinks," I say.

"I wouldn't expect anything less from you Shinso, " a familiar voice calls out.

"I didn't think you had qualified Quinn, " I answer turning to face her. She giggles slightly and flashes a cocky smile.

"How rude of you to underestimate me, " she says sarcastically, the same smile plastered on her face.

"Umm not to be rude or interrupt but who is that Shinso? " Uaraka asks shyly. I turn back to the group.

"This is Quinn, she's in my class, " I introduce.

"You could at least try to sound enthusiastic," she says walking past me. My eyes roll as she walks up to the others. Flashing them a genuine smile, she introduces herself, " As Shinso said, I'm Quinn. My quirk is plant manipulation. I can manipulate any part of a living plant I want. Including speed of growth and durability of the plant."

"It's nice to meet you Quinn, my name is Uaraka, have you joined a team yet?" she asks stepping forward to shake Quinn's hand.

"No not yet, most of the kids who qualified are hero course students and they don't really want to work with someone from general studies," Quinn answers. Her monotone voice displaying how little she cares.