Chapter 11 - One Word : Undefeatable

Start from the beginning

"I-I have no doubt you'll be able to do that, I'm not gonna bother saying good luck to you but I will tell you that I'll be in section 1-C watching you! Oh and Horikita-san and the rest of Class C are here to watch you from section C soo."

"That's good to know... Before I hang up, is Kushida here?"

"I believe she is... She doesn't really have friends anymore though naturally. She's just sitting by herself at the back."

"Good to hear, I'll be needing her services soon." I hinted to Kei

"Wait what?"

"I'll tell you sooner or later but I don't think this tournament will play out as smoothly as it should. There's things I'll need to take care of after today and I'm not planning on using you so Kushida is up."

"Interesting... Well see you later Kiyotaka, I'll probably leave after your win. Oh and... I-I can't have my Kiyotaka's face get roughed up by Albert so please avoid getting hit in the face will you haha."

My Kiyotaka...? ...

"Right, I'll try my best, talk to you then Kei."

I looked up at the time and it was now it, my time had now come to enter the ring for my fight. I exited the hallway from the locker room to be greeted by the sight of hundreds of students crowding the arena seats all loud and cheering who knows what. I looked over to section C to see the vision of my old class all seated there to spectate along with Kei who was in the front row and we made eye contact for a split second before my eyes caught Horikita who was glaring at me with the eyes of one who was displeased, I decided to look away and head towards the referee who was standing with Albert.

Hm Kushida is watching too, good to know.

It seems the referee job was given to a 3rd year male teacher as not to promote any bias in these fights. He seemed to have an aura of a knowledgeable person and probably knew his fair share about combat just from his vibes.

"Alright 2 contestants, how will you guys be fighting today?" asked us the referee

"Albert, if it's fine, would a free for all fight be fine? Doesn't matter what technique we use as long as it's not dirty." I was straightforward and asked him.

"Mn." He nodded, signifying he understood and was fine with it.

"Alright, easy enough then the winner will be determined through whoever gets knocked down first or taps out. And, obviously, if one is rendered unconscious, the man standing will be the winner."

We both nodded and were given the sign to go to the opposing corners of the ring area where we both took our stances. Since it was a free for all format, there would be no rounds or anything.

It was simple, first man down loses.

I stood there, looking around the arena to see so many faces, I had genuinely never had so many eyes on me at once before, it was the newer end of experiences for me but I got used to it relatively quickly. One thing that sets a white room product apart from others is their ability to adapt quickly to new situations and while someone can be considered a genius, it's always easy to find a flaw within them but with white room students, it was a different game entirely.

 The generation after me including someone like Amasawa could be considered to have had better training then me but I'm one who you cannot beat through training, simply put, no matter how "talented" or trained another white room student can be, I have doubts that my abilities can be surpassed by anyone other than myself. Not being full of myself, that's just simply how it is.

"FIGHT START!"

 The arena announcer yelled into the loud speakers followed by the entire arena going berserk with loud cheering noises to get the first fight of the tournament underway.