Vic meets Carina

Maya and Carina have been so busy with conflicting schedules for the past 3 weeks, they haven't had a chance to see each other for long periods of time other than sleeping. In this time, they have not been able to find the time for their 12 week scan so that is what they were able to do today.

Jo being an OB/GYN, they decided to use her since they no longer needed the fertility specialist. Jo confronted Carina one day when she noticed changes in the Italian so she forced Carina's hand in telling her she was pregnant. Carina then proceeded to ask if she would be her OB/GYN. Jo didn't bat an eyelash, but seemingly forgot to ask about the other person that is with Carina in this journey.

She will be meeting Maya today even if she does not know it yet.

"Jo, are we still good for the scan this afternoon?" Carina asks the blonde woman as they sit down at the nurses' station. "Ah, yes. Neither of us are on for emergencies, just appointments today. So we are good for 3pm, correct?" She asks her with a smile. "Sì. I will see you then!" Carina said as she was being paged for her upcoming appointment arrival.

Across town, Maya was looking for Herrera for her to cover the last hour of shift. "Oh, Herrera. Any chance you could cover the rest of shift today? I have a personal matter to attend to at 3pm." Maya asks of her Lieutenant. "Sure thing, Captain. Everything okay?" Andy asked of her. "No problems, just an appointment. Put me on aid car with Hughes. It'll be easier than trying to transfer in the middle of shift." Maya says with a laugh.

"You got it, cap." Andy tells her. No more than 30 seconds later they were being called out to a vehicle collision. 

While the call seemed to be straight forward, the ride to the hospital was anything but with their patient. He was seemingly unconscious after getting him out post seizure. Sometimes, patients become aggressive post seizure because they have no idea where they are or what is happening to them. It's not common, but it happens. "Hughes, pull over now!" Maya alerted as she was seemingly trying to keep the patient on the stretcher. 

Vic was able to safely pull the rig over then going to the back in time to open the doors of the rig to see Maya take an elbow to the side of the head. Maya stumbled back into the jump seat of the back when the patient started to seize again. "Cap, talk to me. You okay?" Vic asks with urgency. "Ouch." Maya says as she focuses her vision to Vic, watching her administer medication to the patient. 

"Okay, he is stable for the time being. Let me check you, no questions. You got clocked and he's a big man." Vic tells her boss with no room for debate. Maya just nods, willing her head to stop pounding. 

Vic checks her out and notices she has a pretty nice bruise starting to form on the side of her head, which was going to go into her ride eye socket. "We are about a minute from Grey-Sloan, let me get us there quickly so we can get you checked out. Could be a mild concussion, but let's be sure." Vic says with a nod from Maya and goes to the front.

"Aid Car 19 to Grey-Sloan. Two patients. Male victim, post seizure unawareness of where he was, knocked firefighter in side of head with elbow. Firefighter with possible concussion, 30 seconds out." Hughes says as she proceeds back to the driver's seat and makes her way to Grey-Sloan.

Vic proceeds to pull up to the ambulance bay, being met by several people to assist. The doors of the rig are opened to Owen and April. "What have we got Hughes?" Owen asks, taking the patient. "Male victim, seized after bout of aggression, administered anti-seizure medication 5 minutes prior, stable for now." Vic explains. "I've got him. Kepner, take the firefighter." Owen says. April makes her way into the rig. "Maya?" April says softly as she sees Maya keeping her eyes closed, blocking the light.

"April, fancy seeing you here again." Maya says trying to crack a joke, her head not liking it one bit. "Damn, you got clocked." April says with a small chuckle. "That's what I said." Vic jokes along with her. "Too loud." Maya said as she winced at the volume. 

"Sorry, cap. My bad." Vic says softly. "Okay Hughes, can you help me get her down?" April asks of the other firefighter. "You got it." Vic says. They manage to her out of the rig, into the waiting wheelchair. "I'll push, don't worry." Vic says to the nurse and doctor.

"Precious cargo." April says with a smile to Maya. "Cheng, page Dr. Edwards from neuro and female Dr. DeLuca." April says to the resident assigned to her specialty. "Is the patient pregnant?" The resident rightfully asked. "No, this is her wife. Not making that mistake again, right captain?" April smirks to her and is met by a thumbs up from the fire captain.

"Wife?" Hughes softly asks. "She's a real ringer. Try to keep your jaw off the floor, that's what happened to me when I met her in the attending's lounge the first time." Kepner said to the firefighter.

"Please do not ogle over my wife, April." Maya says as she winces when she comes to a stop in the trauma room. "Alright, take it easy rambo. We have to get you on the bed carefully. I don't want to irritate your head more than it already is." April says with a small laugh. 

"I was paged." Stephanie comes into the trauma room. "Yes, Maya DeLuca-Bishop, knocked in the head while on duty by a post-seizure patient. Possible concussion." April explains to the neuro attending. 

While Stephanie is going through her protocol for a concussion, and then Carina comes rushing in. "Bella." Carina says worriedly. She noticed Maya wince and then April motions with her finger to her lips to be quiet. "Possible concussion." April whispers to the OB. Carina wordlessly makes her way over to the fire captain and kisses her hand multiple times. 

"Vic, pick your jaw up off the floor. You could catch flies." Maya jokes as she opens her eyes. Vic snaps her mouth shut, but keeps her wide eyes. "Seems to be a mild concussion. You're going to have quite the shiner for a while, but you'll be okay. Take the next week easy, preferably off work." Steph says as she addresses everyone in the room. 

"Oh bambina, what are we going to do with you?" Carina says softly as she kisses her wife on the side of the head. "How's my peanut doing?" Maya asks as she rests her hand on Carina's stomach, seemingly forgetting everyone in the room.

"Oh shoot." Maya says as she realizes there are two of their friends/co-workers in the room. "Welp, surprise." Maya says to the two beaming women with a shy smile. "I'm sorry, baby. I didn't mean to." Maya says to her wife, looking at her with the puppy dog eyes. "Hey, none of those eyes. It's okay, bella. I'm just glad you're okay." She says as she stares at her wife before looking up to Vic.

"Dr. Carina DeLuca-Bishop, Maya's wife." Carina says as she introduces herself to the firefighter. "And baby mama." Maya adds with a small laugh. "Stupida." Carina mumbles, looking over to her wife, but so in love with her. 

Vic swallows hard, trying to maintain her composure. "Victoria Hughes, I go by Vic." Vic answers back as she is still somewhat wide-eyed. "Vic, I am aware my wife is hot. Are you going to be alright over there?" Maya asks with a smirk. "Bella, stop. You're being mean." Carina lightly scolds her wife. "Sorry, captain. It's a pleasure to meet you, Dr. DeLuca-Bishop." Vic recovers and returns the pleasantry. 

"Carina will be fine Vic. Hopefully soon when I have been introduced formally to everyone I'll cook for you all at the station." Carina says with a smile. "Italian food is good, especially from her." Maya says as she closes her eyes again. "Shh, bambina. You're okay." Carina soothes her wife as she lightly strokes her hair.

"I am sure we would like that, Carina. For now, I'll keep it to myself that I have met you. Cap is pretty private, and I can't blame her." Vic says as she smirks. "Vic." Maya says with a stern voice. "Bella." Carina says, stopping her wife from talking anymore.

"We would appreciate that, Vic. We just like to be here for a while before we formally introduce everyone. We moved around a lot when we were younger. But we are here to stay, so it's about time. And please keep our little peanut to yourself for a little while longer too." Carina explains. 

"No problem, congratulations by the way." Vic says. "Thank you so much." Carina says as she continuously strokes Maya's hair. "I will get back to the station, cap. I'll talk to Herrera on finding my second for the rest of the day." Vic says as she makes her way to the door. "It was nice to meet you, Carina." Vic says as she addresses the OB. "You as well, Vic." Carina says as she waves off the firefighter. 

"Oh, bambina. I swear, I am going to wrap you in bubble wrap." Carina sighs as she looks at the captain. "I'm okay. I sure do love you a lot." Maya says as she keeps her eyes closed. "I love you so much, amore." Carina says as she kisses the top of Maya's head.