Chapter 57: One hundred percent sure

Start from the beginning

"You don't get involved with the mafia?" I frowned. "You're one of the white snakes."

"And you know what it is." She looked at me from head to toe. "You know, you'd be fine with us. You know how to fight."

"Are you here to recruit me?"

"It's not that easy." She snorted. "I'm just saying you'd fit in."

"Okay, it doesn't matter. Do you have any more questions?" I said slightly irritated. "If not ..." I turned and reached for the handle. A knife was stuck in the door in front of me, right next to my head. "You love destroying my room, don't you?" I turned to her.

"Sorry." She shrugged. "Habit."

"What else do you want?"

"I'll be in town for a while. Stay here for a few days, maybe weeks."

"Okay? What does that have to do with me?" Eris raised her hands and pointed around. "No. Not a chance." I shook my head. "You're not staying here."

"You realize I've gotten here twice already. I can do it a thousand times."

"Don't you have any money for a hotel? You're...an assassin after all. I'm sure you'll find something." I turned back to the door and yanked out her knife. I ran my finger over the place where it dug. Unbelievable.

"I won't beg you to keep me here. But it would be an advantage for you. You already know I'm good at what I do." Truth. "And also," she swallowed hard, "I saw your scars."

"So you're feeling bad about it. I don't want your pity."

"You're the one who showed them to me. It's your fault." She said offended. "Don't fight for your life next time."

"All right." I rolled my eyes. "You can stay."

Bad idea Amira! Bad idea!

"Really?" She frowned. "Won't that bother your boyfriend?"

"He's my friend." I objected.

"I don't have that many friends, but I don't kiss those I have so....passionately." Excuse me? Did she see me with Francesco? Did she ever leave this room? Didn't she happen to sleep under the bed?

"First of all, if you don't throw knives at anyone, I'm sure no one will mind." Although, she can use Bri as a target. I won't mind. "Second, you better not care about my personal life."

"Okay, okay." She laughed and put her hands in a defensive gesture.

Our attention got a knock on the door and Francesco's voice. "Amira?"

"Uuuu, it's time for me to meet your, not-boyfriend-not-friend." She took a step toward the door, but I stopped her.

"He'll kill you."

"I'd like to see him try." She winked at me and slipped around the door.

This will be either fun or a disaster.

I folded my arms across my chest, waiting to see what would happen.

Eris opened the door and I saw over her shoulder how Francesco's smile dropped.

"Hi." She leaned against the door with a smile.

Francesco wanted to pick up his gun, but she stopped him.

"I'm not here to hurt her." She put her hands in a defensive gesture. "Do you want to go inside?" She got out of his way.

He looked at me confused.

Don't worry Francesco, I don't understand what's going on either.

"I don't bite, I promise. Well..."

"One bad move ..."