Chapter 19: Birthday

"And will you tell me yours?" He got out of bed and began to get dressed

When he noticed that I was looking at him, he laughed and just walked over to me.

"It doesn't matter." I said after a long time. "Thank you, Maksim, for making my night more enjoyable."

"Are you staying in Russia for a long time?" He put his hand on my cheek and brushed a lock of hair from my face.

"If it's a question of whether we'll see each other again, yes. But probably not under the conditions you hope for."

"Of course." He took his hand off my face and took a step back.

I gave him one more smile before I went to the door and opened it.

"We can just talk about your ex later. Maybe over a dinner?" I stopped. My head flew in his direction. He just stood there with a smile on his face. "Good night, Amira." I took a breath to say something, but nothing came out of my mouth.

He knew who I was all along.

Does that mean he's on our side? I'll be really sorry if not.

*****

It's been three weeks since we came to Russia.

Maksim is an amazing host. We made a deal a few weeks ago. If I work for him, he will give me all the information about Aaron, who is currently in Spain.

I would be stupid if I didn't take the deal. Plus, I got a friend with the benefits. Who would refuse?

The team doesn't have to do anything. The last time I saw them was three days ago, when we decided to go dancing and get drunk. I'm sure we lost Oliver somewhere that night. I hope they found him.

My job for Maksim is not much. Basically, I go to different meetings with him, and I pay attention to everything. In other words, secretary. Secretary with a gun.

Because of that, I have to wear a formal dress today. He has a meeting with some people that I have to be present at, as his translator.

"Gotova?" (Done?) Maksim peered into the room. He was wearing a black jacket with a white shirt. He looks good as usually.

"Pochti." (Almost.) I put on a gold necklace and earrings. "Kak ya vyglyazhu." (How do I look?) I turned to him and turned around a few times.

The red dress lifted slightly as I turned. It had a large neckline and an almost naked back. The bra was out of the question as they were on the straps.

"Beautiful." He came up to me and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek. "Can we?" He held out his hand to me and I accepted it. "And not to forget." He pulled a small black box from behind his back. He handed it to me, and I opened it with a smile. "I don't think I told you it was a masquerade." He laughed.