Chapter 52: Cookies

"Hey you!" I shouted at Cassian

"You know I have a name, don't you?" He stopped in the middle of the hall.

"It doesn't matter. Look, haven't you seen Lydia? I can't find her." To be honest, I'm a little restless. After Leo told her what was going on, it crushed her.

"If she's not in the room, she may be with Francesco."

"Great." I slipped around him and headed for Francesco. I flew into his room without thinking. It was empty everywhere, only the bathroom door was wide open.

"I don't like it." I heard fainter sobs.

"Hey. Hey. That's okay. Then we'll do something different." I heard Francesco. I entered the room to have a view of what was happening.

"Okay." Another sob.

"What about two ponytails? Yes? All right." He laughed. "Here." I heard something rustle before I heard a snort. "And now the ponytails." It was clear in his voice that he was smiling.

As I got a little closer and got a look at Francesco and Em. Em sat on the sink, looking at herself in the mirror. Her eyes were all red, as if she had been crying for a long time.

Francesco stood behind her with a comb in his hand and combed her. As a professional, he made two braids on the back of her head.

"Better?" Em nodded. "That's good." He laughed. "Let's eat something."

"Yes!" Em squealed and jumped for joy.

Francesco carefully laid her on the ground, and she immediately ran towards me.

"Amira!" She screamed and jumped at me. She wrapped herself around my legs and laughed. "Checco made my hair." She bragged.

"I see." I smiled. "You look beautiful."

"Will you come eat with us?" She said with a pleading look. How could I say no to her?

I looked up at Francesco to ask for permission in part. I won't be there if he doesn't want me there.

"I don't know. Checco? Can I?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Em, you should run if you don't want Amira to eat everything."

Em was startled and began to run away from the room to the dining room.

"Really?"

"What?" He came closer to me. "It's true." He stood just in front of me. "Did you need anything?"

"Yes." I remembered why I went to see him. "I was trying to find Lydia."

"She left with Leo. They needed to be alone for a while."

"So, you offered to guard Em." I judged.

"Why do you think I volunteered. She would give her to me anyway."