Chapter 57: One hundred percent sure

"Yes, Lydia, I'm fine

"Yes, Lydia, I'm fine. You can calm Leo down." I laughed. "Francesco put people all over the perimeter. No one can get inside."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm hundred percent sure, no one will get in here." I reached for the handle and opened the door to my room. I stopped to look at the person sitting on the table in the corner with the book in hand.

"Are you one hundred percent sure?" Eris said with a smile, not looking up from the book.

"Amira?" I heard Lydia from my cell phone.

"I'll call you later."

"But ..." She started talking but I already hung up. I reached for my gun, which was supposed to be behind my belt.

"Are you looking for this?" She waved my gun and closed the book. "It's really interesting. I recommend it." She pointed to the book. "I haven't read anything like this in a long time. Most of the time it's people's files." She jumped off the table and I took a step back. "If I wanted to kill you, you'd be dead by now."

"Why are you back?"

Francesco and I have been trying to find something about her all day. Since we had her face from the cameras, we could find her using face recognition. But the thing is, there is no such person. We didn't find any records of her. Like she is a ghost.

"Let's say I'm here to...talk." She thought for a moment about the last word.

"What happened to you?" I nodded at her face. She had a few hours old wound on her left cheek. It didn't look deep and it was narrow, it had to be from something small and sharp, maybe a knife.

"This?" She pointed to her cheeks. "Punishment. For not killing you." She folded her arms across her chest and leaned her ass against the table.

"How did you get through ..."

"Do you always ask so many questions?" She interrupted me. "It's a little annoying." She picked a small knife from behind her belt and began playing with it in her hands. "I have questions. And you will be so kind as to answer them for me." She smiled.

"Okay. Ask." I folded my arms across my chest.

I have nothing to lose.

"You mentioned a will yesterday. What was it about?" She frowned.

"My ex-fiancé left me everything he had, but if I don't accept it, the one who kills me will get it." I answered simply.

"Guys, am I right?" She laughed. "I was talking about you with my...boss. Let's call him that. I didn't understand why he was even interested in someone like you. No offense."

"None taken."

"I found out that my boss and Anthony Devlin know each other. We only have a few rules, and one is that we don't get involved with the mafia. They broke it because of you. I can't sleep not knowing what's so special about you."