Chapter 38. The Clouding Skies...

Start from the beginning

"Wait. Where's Guila? I thought you were together."
"Oh. She already dumped me."
"That was fast."

"There. Good boy."

"You four might as well join in as well." Gloxinia spoke to the four blue demons.

Excited to fight. One landed by a Knight standing alone. Two others landed by each other on one of the levitating platforms, and the last landed alone on another one.

"Huh? Let's bring in the substitutes as well." Gloxinia waved his hand, and from the ground came a huge figure of Drole, and beside him, a smaller figure of Gerheade.

"An odd number, if we had one more, that would bring us up to a total of 18 groups." Gloxinia muttered, cupping his chin.

"IF YOU NEED ONE MORE, I CAN GET ONE FOR YA!!" Y/n, who had cupped both sides of her mouth, yelled up loudly, having heard the Fairy's mutter.

He hummed, "Do so, thank you very much."

Y/n smirked. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. A few seconds passed by before a golden glow started to emit from her.

With her eyes still closed, she placed her hand on top of her chest before drawing it back seconds later with a golden orb above it.

She smiled and opened her eyes. Using her other hand, she gave it a small poke and the glow turned brighter, blinding everyone currently looking.

Then. It stopped. And in place of the orb stood a boy. Around the age of sixteen, "Haku. I need a little bit of help." Y/n spoke to the green-haired boy, the two looked at each other, both ever so slightly transparent if you looked closely.

"I'm happy to help." Haku gave a small smile in return, turning to where he knew Y/n wanted to be. In a matter of a second, Haku stood on the platform with the lone demon, sending him a small smile.

"We'll now start the tag match with our 18 teams! Each pair of you will find yourselves in a random arena, and the other pair that also arrives there will be your first-round opponents!"

"Wait, eighteen? That doesn't add up?" Y/n frowned, looking around before her eyes spotted another levitating platform, "I did not expect... That."

There stood the two girls, Elaine and Elizabeth side by side. Soon to be paired up with someone else, "Ah, I'm sure Elaine's got that. Right? Right." Y/n gave herself a nod, choosing to think positively while she proceeded to look for the one she cared for more than any other.

Her true lover and best friend ever.

Yakul.

"Ah." She blinked, seeing the red elk standing beside none other than Hawk. The two animals stepped into the arena where Haku and a Blue Demon already stood, "Okay. So we just need Yakul to win this then." She tapped her chin, looking down at Haku.

He looked back up at her. Despite being separated from her body, it wasn't like he couldn't hear her thoughts and spoke in them as well.

"Rule one of the Great Fighting Festival is... All weapons, Magical Powers, and underhanded tactics are absolutely permitted." Gloxinia explained the first rule with his eyes closed and a small smile on his lips. He crossed his arms as he kept going, "Second rule, to win, you must either kill the other team, neutralize them, or force them out of the arena."

"Gloxinia!" Y/n shouted up at the Fairy, gaining his attention which he showed by lazily opening his eyes, "Elizabeth and Elaine aren't a part of this!"