002.

Continuous from the last chapter.
-Liliana-

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Amelia questioned. She's worried. It's understandable giving how close we are, but I can pull this off. She needs to trust me.

We're in my apartment getting ready for the gala tonight. "No backing out," I replied.

"Why is my brother going to this gala anyway? He leaves his sister and completely cuts her off then attends a gala to bring families together," She chuckles softly. Her pain was obvious.

The irony. She had a point.

When Carson shut Amelia out, it really hurt her. She uses humor to cope. She laughs every time his name is mentioned, yet every time I look at her she's on the verge of tears.

"How does Carson look like?" I look at her in the mirror. She's sitting on my bed eating ice cream out of the box and I'm getting ready.

I saw a few pictures before, but I didn't really focus on him. I didn't have to.

"Do you have a crush on my brother?" She stuffs a spoonful into her mouth.

That would be ridiculous. One, I hate him for leaving Amelia and Marcus, and two, he's supposed to be my rival.

"I've never seen him, but yes, I've already picked the names of our kids," I say sarcastically.

"Dark hair and eyes, and also as tall as the Eiffel tower." Interesting explanation.

"Long or short hair?" I ask.

"I don't know, Lily. Last time I saw him he told me not to call him again." A chuckle escaped her mouth.

There she is again with the humor.

"Girls are on him left and right. Your interaction with him won't cause any suspicion. Don't worry." After reassuring me, she gets off the bed and comes to help me pick out my heels.

She comes back with red sandals.

"I can't wear that one! There isn't enough room for a knife." She stares at me then picks another one. I shake my head.

"Damnit Liliana, No one needs that many weapons. A gun will get the job done."

"Better safe than sorry," I shrug.

I'd rather have a fighting chance than regret, not bringing a weapon.

"You're talking about safety when you're going to a gala to get my brother to hold you hostage." We both laugh.

I wasn't scared. I wasn't nervous. I was completely fine, and thats what scared me the most.

-

We made it to the gala. We are communicating through ear pieces. Marcus insisted they wait outside in the car in case anything happens.

I could have given them an order to leave, but I didn't want to. They were worried about me. They didn't need to be.

The room was huge, there was a giant crystal chandelier in the middle, and the walls are full of art work. There is a Runway for the models coming in to help raise money.

My mother would appreciate the sight.

Amelia and I came up with the fact that my knives could be strapped to my thigh instead of in my shoes. After a lot of convincing of course. She doesn't know that I figured out a way to put another one into my shoes though.

I walk around for a bit. Applauding models and complimenting the scenery. Fitting in.

I need to get this over with. I walk towards the bar and spot three men that match Carson's description. One had a woman sitting by him, but the other two didn't.