005.

-Carson-

I take in the walls of the restaurants with their thought-out decor. The fake plants on the tables and the real ones by the entrance.

Judging by the gigantic statue of a pizza man, I can tell its Italian.

I look around till my eyes meet a very unbothered Jackson. He's sitting down on a table by the edge with his phone in his hand.

I take a seat next to him, and he greets me.

"Lily isn't here yet. She'll be here soon though," He smiles. I don't like that smile.

The smile basically gave away the fact that Liliana is important to him. He cares for her. I already knew that, but he doesn't need to rub it in.

"Oh, how wonderful," I scowl.

He leans forward on the table, "Nice to see you falling into the rivarly." He claps.

Shut the fuck up.

"So, any news about the girl you caught lurking in your building?" He just had to go there.

How am I supposed to explain to him that a girl escaped my custody alone with no outside help?Even worse, I can't have him lose faith in me because I will beat Liliana Blake.

I honestly have absolutely no idea who the girl is or how she escaped. The chair was broken and the ropes were cut, but she had no weapons on her. I told Jonas to make sure of it.

Jonas.
A fucking idiot.

Before I have the time to prepare an answer, the restaurant door opens. The wind chimes by the door roll back and forth as the door man opens it widely.

It isn't until Jackson gets up that I realize who's here.

Ice blue eyes meet mine. The same ice blue eyes that escaped me.

At least I don't have to answer his question. I can feel how hard my jaw is clenched. I can feel my teeth gritting each other, and I run my hands through my hair trying to calm my anger down.

I want to shoot someone in the head.

You can't look too surprised. Keep it together, Carson.

The reason I didn't find anything on Rayne Alexander is because she doesn't exist.

Only someone as trained and skilled as Liliana Blake would be able to remain in custody for three days without uttering a word.

She isn't as good as they perceive her to be. No one in their right mind would let their enemy hold them hostage.

She didn't know who I was or what I was like. I could have killed her.

I'm not too concerned about beating her. I had nothing to worry about. But my only concern is the fact that my rival just had her herself kidnapped in order to gather information from me.

I had a feeling that was just the tip of the iceberg when it came to her insanity.

How much did she hear?

Jackson puts his arms around her. He pulls her chair out, so she can have a seat. She thanks him and sits down.

She didn't look the same as the fugitive I caught. She looked almost graceful.

"So, the reason I've brought you both here is that I wanted you guys to meet each other!" He moves his hand between us. Meet each other? Is he serious?

Jackson's too cheery for my liking. It pisses me off.
Why the fuck is he so happy about this?

"Let's skip the pleasantries," She was copying Nick's sentence. Trying to rub in the fact that she escaped.