"You ok, baby?"

"I will be. God knows I'm the luckiest girl in the world to have you as my mom!"

"And I'm just as lucky to have you as my baby."

Hugging and helping each other off of the floor, they hear a firm knock.

"Uh, just a minute!" Calling out to the person, Eden allows Elise to fix her eyeliner and mascara.

"Eden?"

"Ugh!"

Hearing Rome's voice, she let's a low groan leave her mouth as she rolls her eyes harder than a bowling ball.

"Edee!" Whisper-yelling at her, Elise snickers. "Answer him!"

"Maaa!"

Whisper-yelling back, Eden raises her eyebrows at her mother in annoyance.

"Eden?"

"Oh my God." She huffs.

"Eden!" Elise whispers her reprimand at her stubborn daughter. "Hold on a second Rome." Smiling, she points at her daughter. "Talk to him. Just see what he has to say."

Whispering a plea for Rome, Elise kisses Eden's refreshed cheek before exiting the bathroom.

Slowly opening the door, Rome finds Eden sitting on the counter.

"Umm, are you alright?"

"Yes."

"Seriously? Cause you just sped off the stage and disappeared."

Looking at her questioningly, Rome watches her odd demeanor.

"Yes, I just got overwhelmed."

"Yeah I can understand that. Having all this attention on you and then the guys putting you on the spot like that."

"No, actually that was really nice. I was extremely moved by that."

"Oh."

"What's the 'oh' for?"

"I just-. I just never took you as the flower type."

"Mmhm."

 Realizing just how well Rome knows her body, but not the inner person of that shell only validates the point he made on the way to their date. That he knows how to make her cum in seconds, but didn't know her favorite color. But some things don't have to be discussed to be learned. Some things can just be observed to be learned.

"What's that for?"

"Nothing, Rome."

"Eden, I'm trying to talk to you. Just talk to me."

"For what? You don't believe me anyway."

Finally looking up at him, she just stares at him in all his deep toasted caramel handsomeness. The way his signature tight black shirt hugs his body and the way his fitted black pants wrap around his muscular legs. 

"Eden, I'm s-."

"Sorry. I know."

"Bab-."

"Do not call me that, Rome. That's a term of endearment used between people that know each other. And you don't know me."

"And why don't I?! Cause like now, you don't talk to me, Eden! For fuck's sake! I try and you only let me see flirtatious bullshit or bitchiness!"

"Wow! So I'm either being a hoe, like I learned from sleeping with everyone or I'm being a bitch?! I am obviously a very flat one dimensional type of person!" Laughing dryly she blinks rapidly. "And just f.y.I, Rome not all things learned have to be spoken, not all things learned have to be taught. Like the fact that I knew your favorite food was steak before you told me. That's why I always cook it for you. Like I knew your favorite color was black, before you told me cause you wear it at least three times a week. Or when you get little gifts from 'Brookie' they're usually black in color. I know you go to the gym precisely every night at midnight, unless you were with me. But then to make it up you would go early in the morning and at your regular time the next night. You get your hair cut every other Thursday afternoon in between editing your blog channel videos and when you're due to check with your pack relations leaders. Your mom is your favorite parent.You wear a size 12 shoe. Hate tardiness. Are allergic to bananas, which is really weird, and sleep on your stomach. You and your dad will never see eye to eye cause you think he only sees the worst in you when in all reality you're the apple of his eye and he only wants to push you to succeed. And you get angry when you know you're wrong. None of which you told me or taught me. And none of which are attached to your sexual likes or dislikes. Do you want me to keep going?"