Klaus seemed to forget how to breathe as all that mattered to him at this time was Lydia as it reminded him of the first time they met, the way the raven haired girl wasn't afraid of him, how she was the most beautiful girl he's ever seen in his 1000 years of living.

With a small smirk on his face he walked away from a conversation he was having with a women and made his way over towards Lydia and greeted, "Good evening, little wolf," Klaus smiled as he came to a stop in front of her, grabbing ahold of her hand and placing a kiss upon it.

Lydia rolled her eyes not impressed in t her slightest as she pulled her arm out of the hybrid's grip with an frustrated look trying to hide the blush that appeared on her cheeks at his actions, "I need a drink," she muttered sending him a look as she stuttered past him and walked towards the bar ignoring the lustful look she was receiving from the original hybrid as she needed something alcoholic if she was going to get through tonight especially with the longing looks she kept receiving from klaus.

The bartender handed the teenager her drink when Elijah voice echoed throughout the room capturing everybody's attention, "Uh, if everyone could gather please," the original announced causing Lydia to snap her dead in his direction, her eyes landing on the entire Mikaelson family lined up on the staircase, " Welcome, thank you for joining us. You know, whenever my mother brings our family together like this, it's tradition for us to commence the evening with a dance. tonight's pick is a centuries old waltz, so if all of you could please find yourselves a partner, please join us in the ballroom." 

Lydia groaned in annoyance, throwing back the rest of her drink eyeing Stefan who made his way over towards the girl holding out his hand with a small smile, " care to dance?" He asked Lydia with a pleading look on his face causing the girl to scoff humourlessly after everything he had done recently he had the guts to ask her to dance.

"You tried to kill me. Why the hell would I want to be anywhere near you?" Lydia sarcastically asked with an unimpressed look on her face causing Stefan to sigh looking down at the ground in guilt for trying to kill one of his best friends, " I'm sorry, Lydia. I needed to get rid of his Hybrids. I was never going to hurt you but by getting to you I was getting to him"

Lydia opened her mouth ready to reject the youngest Salvatore brother but her gaze landed on Klaus who was making his way over to them causing the raven haired girl to quickly grab Stefan's hand and pulling him onto the dance floor missing the frown that appeared on Klaus face as he watched Lydia closely

"You look beautiful, Lydia" Stefan stated as the the two of them lined up causing a smile to appear on Lydia's face as she softly replied, " Thank you. You don't look so bad yourself" Klaus had Caroline on his arm hoping to gain Lydia attention only for a frown to appear on his face in annoyance when the brunette didn't give him the time of day.

Klaus knew Lydia had been avoiding him since he confessed his feelings for the hybrid and thought it would annoy her if he danced with Caroline as she was Lydia best friend, " if you're trying to make her jealous it isn't going to work" Caroline informed the original with her brows raised.

The sound of Ed Sheehan's 'Give Me Love' started the play in the ballroom as the dance started, each couples moving in sync, " I am so sorry, Lydia. I let my anger get the best of me and all I wanted was revenge and in the process I ruined our friendship and my relationship with Elena"

"I don't blame you for wanting revenge. He flipped everyone's life upside down when he arrived at Mystic Falls to break the curse but what the point in revenge when it means losing the people we love" Lydia explained with saddened look on her face at the thought of everyone they've lost, " Klaus has done terrible things but it's not like you or Damon hadn't done the same. No one's perfect Stefan and while you're all running around trying to find a weapon that can kill an original, your putting mine and Elena's life on the line. If you carry on with this crazy plan of yours who else is going to suffer because of it"