Epilogue

Izuku awoke, blinded by white lights. His mind was hazy at first but once he was able to open his eyes he realized he was in a hospital bed. He huffed as he pulled himself into a sitting position and placed a hand on his aching head.

What..happened?

He sat there trying to remember until the door slid open quietly. Then came a sigh of relief,

"Thank goodness, You're awake." Aizawa opened the door and gestured his hand behind him before he walked in. Almost the entirety of class 1-A entered the room with sighs of relief. Some were teary-eyed and sniffing while others looked relieved and happy. Uraraka, Iida and Todoroki were the first to rush to his side,

"We-" Uraraka sniffed and wiped her eyes before she finished her sentence, "We thought you'd never wake up! I'm so glad!"

"That isn't true! I definitely knew you'd wake up!" Iida retorted but his glasses were slightly fogged up and his eyes were swollen. Todoroki on the other hand simply look relieved, "I'm glad you're okay. How are you feeling?"

"Yes, How are you feeling! I'm so glad everything is over now."

Izuku looked around the room, then to the sheets on top of him. Everything is over, but this certainly was not a victory. He had failed to save yet another life and they died because of his incompetence. Tears welled up in his eyes and he lowered his head,

"Ah, I'm sorry." He mumbled and tried his best to hold back his tears,

"No no, it's okay. We understand."

Izuku wiped his face and turned his head to Aizawa,

"Um, Akane. How is he?"

Aizawa shook his head, "Him? He's fine. He may be pressed with criminal charges because of what happened but he already stated what he did was self-defence. We also need more information on this entire crime and you and Yuuma Hasekura are witnesses and we'll need your testimonies."

Self-defence...In a way, he isn't wrong but still. He nodded his head in understanding, "I see."

Izuku got some rest at the hospital after assuring all his friends that he was alright. Although, that night he was plagued with incessant thoughts. The incident was done and over with. No more pain, no more suffering but would he give them everything he knows? Mikumo said he wanted the world to forget about him but, it's best if he just gives everything and allow them to close the case. The murder of Sakura Akizuki finally has a perpetrator along with the murders of Ayaka Harada and Chihiro Suzuki. Maybe it was for the best. It'll help them rest in peace knowing their murderer is now dead.

Hopefully, Mikumo can rest now as well.

After the trial, Akane was able to get a lighter sentence in prison and Hasekura was proven to be a victim and not an accomplice. It ended up being written as an assisted suicide. Even though he wasn't even willing to die before the moment of his death...

Izuku allowed Mirio to keep One for All and he decided to transfer to the support classes. The whole incident was nothing short of traumatizing and it was best to seek a calming environment after everything. In his heart, his number one goal was to do what he could to save people. He could become a doctor if he wanted to. Someone who treated mental patients. If this taught him anything, it's that no one deserves to die. Regardless of what they've done or what they think they deserve. He wanted to be there for everyone who thought that their life was meaningless. He wanted to save people and encourage others to live. He wanted to let everyone know that they have every right to live and that anything they've done that made them feel unworthy can be forgiven if they're willing to try. He wants to be able to forgive them and help them, and more than anything in this world, he wants to save as many lives as he can. 

Even if it's just one.

[Sheesh. Thanks for sticking around this long. I'm glad some of you enjoyed this, so thank you for all the reads on my first cringy fanfic. Well, cringy as in the first few chapters weren't that great. I'm planning on adding a prologue as a way to catch a few more readers because heaven knows the first chapter isn't the greatest. I started this, like, a year ago! So, yeah, I probably did improve. Thank you again for 3k lmao.]

[Ay, prologue is here! Thank you for 4.22k!]

{Started January 2021, Finished January 2022}