Perfection can't always save you

All might stared warily at the dilapidated building as Izuku rushed to it. He stood at the entrance, his heart beating vigorously.

"Midoriya, I thought you were going to the school. What are we doing here?"

Izuku walked to the entrance but before he could enter, someone stopped him,

"Hey, what do you think you're doing?"

A tall man with dark hair and platinum grey eyes looked down at him. He dropped his cigarette and stepped on it, "This isn't a place for people to wander around for fun. Go home."

Izuku stared at the man in annoyance. All might walked up beside Izuku, "It's fine. I'm with him."

The man clicked his tongue, "This isn't a place for anyone at all to be hanging around in. I advise you to leave before something bad happens."

Izuku gasped suddenly, gaining the attention of both the men. He knew he recognized that voice,

"Is your name Hasekura?"

The man looked surprised and but his scowl returned, "Yeah, what of it?"

"I need you to tell me what you know about Yamazaki."

Hasekura face lit up in rage and he rushed over to Izuku, "I don't know what you're trying to do but you shouldn't be sticking your nose into these things."

All might was about to intervene before Izuku grabbed Hasekura by the shirt with an angered expression, "I know you lied in the interview. You still remember everything. Mikumo isn't capable of making you forget."

Hasekura froze and he leaned back. Izuku let go of him when he noticed he knew what was going on now, "Are you- Is he with you now?"

Izuku nodded silently, "I see. Well, sorry to disappoint you but this building is empty now. He comes around every once and a while but it's not often so I wouldn't get your hopes up."

All might stood away from the two. He had no idea what was happening and he wanted to interfere but he wondered if that was a good idea. He knew Izuku was a smart boy and there may have been a reason he kept all this to himself.

"How much did Yamazaki tell you?"

"About everything."

Izuku raised an eyebrow. Yamazaki clearly trusted Hasekura a lot and confided in him, "Could you tell me all of it?"

Hasekura hesitated for a bit but sighed, "Yeah, if it helps. I want to find this bastard. I don't want anyone else ending up like Akane..."

Izuku turned away in guilt. He had told Chihiro he wasn't going to bother looking for Mikumo anymore yet here he was. Was a dangerous to think he might have the upper hand now? Hasekura and Chihiro both lost someone important to them to Mikumo, so it was safe to assume they'd do anything to get back at Mikumo. Izuku didn't exactly like the idea of putting others in danger and he had a feeling Chihiro and Hasekura's meaning of 'getting rid' of Mikumo wasn't the same as his. Izuku pushed away any kind of sympathy he had for the murderer and clenched his fist. He turned towards All might, and to be honest, he had forgotten he was standing there, "You can leave now."

All might looked a little shocked but had he expected him to want him to stay? Reluctantly, he headed back to the car, "Stay safe."

Izuku didn't reply because he couldn't exactly keep that promise. All might drove away, "Does he know anything?"

Izuku merely shook his head, "Do you mind if I borrow your phone?"

He nodded and handed it to the boy. Izuku dialled in a number and waited for it to pick up,