fifty eight

elodie phillips

I situated my bed, folding the emerald green sheets neatly. There had been another roommate coming to take my place, but Pansy kicked them out before they got the chance to settle in.

However, Adi was going to sleep in my bed tonight, since we all decided to stay longer. She was set on Hogwarts, so I wouldn't be surprised if she just stayed here.

Kai was on the floor because there was nowhere else to go.

I fluffed the pillows when I heard a knock on the door. Without waiting for much of a welcome, Draco strode in. His figure was calm and smooth.

"Are you ready to come upstairs, love?" he asked, his hand grazing the small of my back.

"Yeah, I think so," I replied, making sure everything was good for Adi and Kai.

Draco gave me a small smile as he took my hand, leading me upstairs.

I had missed the familiar walk to his dorm. The dark hallways and walls.

Kai brushed past us hastily. His cheek shone with all different hues of black, blue, and purple.

"Oh gosh," I gasped. "Kai, what happened?"

He scoffed as he continued to walk down the hall, entering my dorm.

"He can be such an ass sometimes," I complained to Draco, who was still holding my hand.

"I can see him being that way," Draco agreed.

Soon enough, we were back in his dorm, which he had all to himself. Perks of being a prefect.

"I didn't know you were still a prefect, Draco," I started as I began to take off my clothes to change.

He walked towards me, his cold fingertips grazing the bottom of my shirt. "I'm not," he replied cheekily. I raised my arms and he slowly pulled the shirt off of me, sending chills down my spine.

He continued as he handed me my silk pajama shirt to put on. "I didn't show up to the meeting, but convinced them to let me keep my room."

"How'd you do that?" I asked, finally pulling my new shirt over my head and ruffling my hair.

"Oh, you know," Draco scoffed. "I can be persistent."

"Very true," I agreed, lifting myself on my tiptoes to give him a small kiss.

He looked tired again, but not compared to when I first saw him.

Draco climbed into bed in a long sleeve and shorts. I raised my eyebrows in confusion.

"Draco," I started to ask as he pulled back the covers on my side. "I've never seen you wear a long sleeve to bed."

"If you want me shirtless you can just tell me, Lola."

He gave me a small smirk before it quickly disappeared.

"But actually," he corrected. "I just get cold sometimes."

"Okay," I softly replied, crawling in next to him. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.

Again, we could never be close enough.

Those bitter feeling hands entwined with mine, the coldness sending pulses of energy through my veins. I played with his hands, touching each one and wrapping them around my own.

"I have another question."

"You're just full of them tonight, aren't you Lola?"

I smiled a bit as he started to run his hands through my hair.