Chapter 23

Russo's p

Russo's p.o.v

"Oh she's good. She used the opportunity while I'm not here to get you on her side." Shay and I sat in my room while she summed up all that had happened with her and Luca and Bradberry.

Unbelievable, I tell you though. The nerve.. The guts to do something like this with my closest allies.. She indeed was the school body president. I would use the same dirty tactics if my position was threatened too.

"She offered to give Luca your position." Shay said, slightly annoyed. "According to her, that would make him more popular and fit to date me."

I scoffed. " What a stupid thing to do. Luca deliberately tries not to get too much attention. And extra obligations like the student council. I doubt he felt tempted."

"What annoyed me was that she felt she needed to comment on who is fit to date me."

I suspiciously paused seeing Shay get annoyed. "And you got upset because she said that?"

"Yes." Shay tapped her fingers over the table. "She even called him a nobody. I got the urge to say some really nasty things to her right there and then."

"Aham."

"I won't let anyone badmouth Luca, not after everything he has done for us. For me."

"Oh?"

She didn't tell me what he did for her but she went on with her rant. "She said she couldn't see what made Luca special. .."

As she talked I couldn't help but want to be a meany just to see her reaction. "What if.." I interrupted her. "What if Bradberry saw that this tactic didn't work and now she sends someone to seduce Luca on their side. She doesn't have a high opinion on him."

"What?"

It was like I had summed her dark side with that one provocation. I thought she's laugh about it and even tease him later, but she actually got mad.

So naturally, I kept going.

"Yeah I think I can see her doing that. She'd probably send some really cute girl to butter him up. She can't send anyone hot because well- who can match you, but someone sweet and gentle.."

Shay slammed her hand on the table. "Stop it."

I zipped up my mouth.

She gave me the scariest look. "Luca is not stupid. He'd be able to tell if someone is flirting with him and acting cutesy."

"That doesn't mean he won't go for it."

The way her mouth dropped I barely had time to react. Mom opened the door to my room.

"Your other guests are here."

She let in Luca and Damyan whom we told to come a bit later and then closed the door to our room giving me that look you get when your crush walks in.