Chapter 15

Russo's p.o.v

I tapped my foot over the floor and crossed my arms, looking at the two individuals who really knew how to make my morning.

The weather was cold, it smelled like snow was going to fall any minute and I was freezing outside during lunchtime in order to understand what the hell was going on between Luca and Shay.

I had sat them down on the bench, but they refused to talk or even look at each other.

"Well congratulations, you made it to a married couple before even doing anything," I said annoyed.

"It's his fault." Shay said without looking at him. She had her legs crossed looking the other way.

I glanced at Luca who had his arms crossed as well, fire sparks coming out of his eyes from fury.

"You wanna contribute to this conversation?" I asked.

Luca just scoffed.

I clapped my hands. "Great. Good thing I'm not persuing marriage counseling as a profession."

I was dead set on handling this even if I had to do it the bad way. "So is Shay right to be mad? Have you done something?" I poked Luca first.

"She said she wanted to do this dating thing and then she refuses to do anything that isn't her plan. That's not how dating works." He finally snapped.

"I said I don't want to do it, stop pushing for it." Shay snapped as well and finally faced him. "You're so pretentious and act like you know better than me."

"That's because I do. Someone with limited thinking and lack of imagination and undisputably uncommitted shouldn't be in charge of ideas."

Oh. That was a burn.

Shay laughed out of anger. "You sure have a way of making your statements clear for me. So let me be clear to you. Someone with self-importance, no objective views what so ever and complete controlling tendencies shouldn't be dating."

Oh my god.

Luca rose up looking down at her. "Then if you have it so hard with me, let me make this easier. I'm done. You don't wanna try, you don't want to compromise and I can't compete with the list of things you think a proper partner should have."

"Fine then." She rose up as well.

He took a hit with that one. I could tell he wasn't expecting her to agree to that so easily and it hurt him.

He took one step closer to her. "You sure seem certain now. Good for you. But I only agreed to this once, so when you realize it's a mistake don't think an apology is going to cut it and make things okay between us."

She glared right back at him. "Don't worry. I won't cry about it."

"Oh you'll crawl and beg too. That's a promise."