Chapter 18

Russo's p

Russo's p.o.v

He suddenly chuckled to himself looking down at disbelief and then his eyes locked back on mine again.

I tried to look confident so I leaned back in my chair. "I already know you'd rather be the president than Bradberry."

"Then why would you even bring your ambitions up." He said coldly.

"Because that's not something you should really want." I said loud and clear.

He suddenly straightened his back and leaned his elbows over his knees, pressing his hands together. "It's not?" There was a subtle smile creeping on his face. He was having fun.

"No." I shook my head amused. "You can't be president. You shouldn't want to be president. Because that will ruin your image." I leaned forward too, speaking as if I wanted to convey a secret. "I will remove Bradberry from that position today or tomorrow, one way or another with or without you. But that leaves the position vacant and if she goes, you come in her place. But you're still the vice president. You're a substitute. You weren't voted on that position and that will ruin you more than you know."

I followed his eyes. He was listening to me carefully, every word that I was saying. He was thinking about this.

I continued. "People respect someone who's climbed their way up. They love two types. One, the underdog. But people raise an underdog and are quick to bring them down afterward too. And two. An alpha. They want a leader. Someone influential. Someone who seems to have it all through hard work. To know the secrets to life and be well-spoken enough to tell them what to do to be as successful." I pointed at him. "Right now you're just someone who lost to Bradberry at the elections and would get a freebie if you take the position. You won't be respected."

I pushed my chair back a bit so I could cross my legs. "But I can change that. Instead of taking the position, you give it to me. Don't run against me, instead support me. If people see you sporting me, they would see one powerful individual supporting another. You'd be on the winning team. You'll be seen as my advisor. Mentor even. With Bradberry, you were against her from the start and that image still stands. Though honestly enough, I understand why you hate her in that position. She has done nothing these years as president."

He suddenly rose up and started pacing around the room. "You're already sure you will bring her down?"

"Almost certain I'll do it by the holidays. Not to mention everyone at the council supports me. Except Andre and Sienna but Sienna only follows protocol and Andre likes sucking up to who's in charge."

He grabbed the chair with both hands. His fingers playfully tapped on it. "I don't know.. Being president myself, sounds like a better option."

"That's because you don't know me that well. You can't trust me. But that's okay. I'll prove it to you, it will be entertaining."