Chapter 16

Luca's p

Luca's p.o.v

They look great on you. It kept ringing in my head. Was that her way of trying to be friends again? Why would she complement me? Was that a compliment?

No, it can't, she doesn't like me back.

The bus was almost there at the stop I needed to get off.

"See you on Monday." I told everyone grabbing my bag and heading towards the door.

The bus stopped and I walked out looking down, careful not to slip on the snow.

As I heard the bus door close I turned around and saw Shay had gotten off here too.

I almost got a heart attack.

"I thought you..Is there a bus you can get here?" I asked her.

"Mm yeah." She stood next to me and crossed her arms to keep warm in the snow.

I hate to admit it, but I was happy about it. These days I was feeling less and less angry about the fight and more annoyed with myself letting a chance like that slip.

The silence was getting awkward.

I pushed the glasses up my nose. What should I say that sounds natural?

"You should wear those glasses more often." She said breaking the silence. "Like in school and stuff."

"I prefer the contacts in public. It's easier..."

"then I guess only I'll get to see you in them. " She said without looking at me.

I was trying to get it through my head. What just happened?

Her short hair fell perfectly over her face. She pushed back a strand that was near her mouth and then looked down at her boots.

The cold had made the tip of her nose red and her eyes bright. She pushed her hair back again, this time bit more nervously.

I had a hard time understanding why this gorgeous girl was even nervous around me.

I turned towards her getting my hands outside my pocket. "What does that mean?"

She glanced up and took a step forward. "Don't make me say it."

"Say what?" I said intrigued.

"You're gonna make me say it." She gritted her teeth. "I was wrong."

"Wrong?" I couldn't help but smile. What was she trying to say with this?

"I shouldn't have shut down your idea before trying it. I didn't want to quit that fast and it bothers me that I did."

I covered my mouth finally realizing what she meant. "You want to continue dating?"

Her face went pale. "You didn't change your mind did you?"