Chapter 2

It's Russo Amore

It's Russo Amore. Turn around, it's her. Oh god, it's Russo. She just walked in.

The East Feast cafe was brimming with whispers between the students and other customers there sipping on pumpkin spice lattes and hot cocoas.

Not even the smell of freshly baked cinnamon muffins, coming out of the oven and looking so soft and yummy, could top the gossip as soon as I entered the cafe.

Aware that all eyes were on me, once again, I did a little catwalk strut to my regular table, by the window.

The soft sunlight entered through the window, lighting up the room just enough so I could flash my new bag and the fabulous coat.

Who knew I would get this much attention today? Then again there was nothing like too much attention for me. I worked hard for this flattering attention and sure loved to bask in the earned glory.

I sat down on the mauve cushioned couch and crossed my legs, putting my bag next to me, and I brushed my hair behind my ear in a spontaneous motion. Of course, very much planned ahead. That's my good side after all.

Two younger girls on the table next to mine were secretly glancing in admiration.

As the waitress approached me to take my order, I smiled politely, pointing at the table with the two younger girls and their tall glasses with Irish coffee and whip cream on top.

"I'll have what they're having."

The girls had barely managed to calm down their excitement.

I smiled at them politely and then looked through the windows of the cafe.

The sky had a pretty blue color, white clouds were gently moving along the sky and little sparrows were flying free of worries. Today's breeze was slowly sweeping the earth with a golden blanket of crunchy leaves.

Suddenly a familiar memory came to mind.

Still to this day, I could sometimes hear the raindrops of that day, hitting the roof of the storage room. The pitter-patter sounds in that quiet little room.

The heavy downpour outside that for some reason had given me a slight relief from all the emotions I had guarded, buried in my chest.

The darkroom with grey walls and peeling paint.. and the smell of the old and worn-out gym equipment. It lingered in collection with other things, that made the back of my neck burn when I would remember.

The raindrops resonated in my head and on occasions, it brought up the memory of that day.

My back got a slight shiver. I shook my head trying to snap out of it. I should forget about it now.

I was a new person. I wasn't the frightened girl anymore, unable to speak up.

I looked down at my freshly polished nails, with a clear coat and a nice elegant color to match my outfit. Maybe I should have gone with red.