Chapter 3

Russo's p.o.v

Later that night, we were back at East Feast and the opposite of me were Shay and Luca, sitting next to each other and drinking milkshakes in silence.

It was only this quiet because Luca was still processing the information we had just shared.

"So.." He brought his milkshake down. " You want world domination, but to get there, you need good connections to high society and a strong resume to get into a university of your choice to get those connections. But, to do that you need the student council to accept you and eventually, you'll take over Bradberry's position which is the student body president." He summed it up.

"Yes." I confirmed.

"And you need me to help you out with this?" Luca asked.

"Yes." I confirmed it again.

"Why me?" Luca asked. "Don't get me wrong, I'm sure I can be of some help but, I'm not the smartest guy in school. Certainly not the most popular or likable guy, so why me? Really?"

Shay turned towards him. "It's hard to understand how she comes to her decisions, but she has never been wrong so far. She saw something in you and she chose you. She rarely trusts other people so there must be something special about you."

She leaned a bit forward observing him and he stared back at her a bit embarrassed. But he didn't break eye contact.

"Anyways.." She focused back on me. "We have one more person on our side. What now?"

Luca sipped from his milkshake, visibly happy.

I smiled. He was way too proud of himself.

"Well, now I need Luca to tell me, what he thinks I should do to gain the rest of the votes." I said.

Luca leaned back on the chair and exhaled a long breath. "Well, you'll lose time if you try to befriend or impress the rest of them. From what you told me, the best tactic is to do something to get their votes all at once."

"Okay. That sounds like a plan." Shay said. "Any ideas?"

Luca crossed his arms. "I have the information you need in this case but..." He paused. "it's not what you think.I don't even know if it's an opportunity or just a useless trick that won't end well."

I leaned over annoyed. "What could possibly be the thing I need to do?"

"Look, the council wants someone with skills for sure. But that's not going to cut it, cause if it was only skilled they were after, they would have just gotten anyone. There are a lot of students who can handle the position. What they need and want is someone influential. "