Chapter. 5

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edward's POV-

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bella usually wakes at 7am, its 6am now; I slip out of her bed and jump over the banister to the bottom floor, to make her breakfast. Jasper, Alice, Esme and Carlisle are hunting, Rosalie's shopping, and Emmett, I'm not sure where Emmett is, he's probably being pulled through the shops with Rose.

Someone pushed me against the wall and punches me; I think I've found Emmett.

"That's what you get for upsetting my wife," Em tries to sound serious, but his eyes give away his obvious amusement.

"Hey, I'm sorry," he smiles and is about to release me when he falls to the ground in pain, I'm confused; I turn around to see Bella glaring at Emmett.

"You can stop now Bells, it was just a playful punch, and it didn't hurt,"

She immediately stops and gives me an Innocent smile, I chuckle, Emmett stands up, and mumbling something under his breath then flees.

"What would you like for breakfast?" I ask her.

"Can we go hunting Edward?"

I blink but remember she's part vampire, "Of course," I throw her over my shoulder, making her squeal. I start running, at superhuman speed. After about 5 minutes, we reach a herd of elk, I lunge at, and kill the lead male whilst the females flee, I bring the dead bull back to Bella, and she turns her nose up at it, literally.

More for me then. I drink the bull of its contents, when I finish I look up, Bella's gone! I frantically call her name and run around looking for her, she can't have gone that far.

I pick up her scent - thank god, and follow it. It does lead me to her, as well as five emptied mountain lions carcasses; I guess she wanted revenge from the other day.

"Bella..." I begin, she gives me her puppy dog eyes, I can't stay mad at her, "Just, before you run off, tell me where you're going,"

She nods, after Bella has finished her breakfast, I take her home. When we got back everyone is there, including Emmet, he smiles at me then looks longingly at Bella, he's such a kid, he wants to play with her.

Rose gives warm smile towards me and Bells, reading her mind I can tell she's genuinely sorry for how she has been acting, Bella runs into Rosalie's outstretched arms.

"Come on Bella! Let's go shopping!" Rosalie and Alice synchronized. I laughed at Bella's pained expression, she hates shopping.

Alice picks her up and takes her outside to put her in the car, Rose follows, after a while of listening to Bella's rants and raves, Alice took off down the road – most likely breaking the speed limit, in her red Ferrari.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bella's POV-

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I HATE SHOPPING!"

Rose and Alice just chuckle as they pulled into the carpark, stepping out of the car, me, Alice and Rose all pulled a face, theirs a foul smell lingering.

Two males are approaching us, the closer they got, the stronger the scent got. When they are standing a metre away from us they stop, a nauseous feeling fills my stomach, I can't hold it in any longer, I gag and throw up on the floor, I fall to my knees and begin coughing, and there goes my breakfast.

Alice helps me up whilst Rose cleans my mouth. "What do you want dogs?" Rose growls, hatred in her eyes,

"Dogs?"

"They're werewolves Bella," Alice whispers in my ear, I immediately stand behind her, shaking slightly.

"Who's this?" the eldest one asks.

"B-B-Bella," I stutter quietly, they snort in laughter at my timid voice. My temper flares, and I'm pretty sure it would anger Eddie too.

I take a step forward to get a proper look at their faces, as soon as they see me they stop laughing.

"What is she?" the youngster questions.

"She's part human, part Vampire, but we aren't sure of her other species," answers Rose in a matter of fact tone.

"What do you want?" Alice snaps, the older one glares at Alice, I growl, stepping forward, they burst out laughing, they won't be giggling in a moment.

Using my pain shield I make them fall to the floor, they should feel like someone's ripping their limbs off, I take Rose's and Alice's hand, they escort me to the first shop, when we're safely inside, I release the two werewolves.

-0-0-0-

After 5 HOURS of shopping we return home.

Walking into the house Edward growls and zooms over to me at superhuman speed, he checks me over and growls again. My Eddie can read minds, so I guess he heard Rose's or Alice's, he drags me upstairs.

"Are you alright?" he sits me down on my bed and looks me over (again) for any sign of pain, of course he won't find anything, I hope.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edward's POV-

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I frantically look over her body; if those mutts touched her, I swear I will rip their heads off! I growl to myself.

Something deep down tells me to look at her neck, I take her coat off and pull down the collar of her shirt, on her neck was a scarred over, faint - but still visible, bite mark.

"What's this?" I trace it, it looks like a vampire bite, my sister's wouldn't bite her, and if they did, it wouldn't have scarred already. She stares up at me, as if afraid to tell me, Bella swallows, "I can't tell you yet, soon," I sigh and nod.

I tell her about our cousins in Denali, and how we're visiting them for Christmas, Carlisle says Bella will look around 17 by then, hopefully Tanya will get the idea and stop harassing me, yes I just admitted I love Bella.

We talk for what seemed like hours, until Alice calls her to try the new outfits they bought today on, whilst she's gone, I lay down on her bed, inhaling her sweet scent,.

My mind wanders to Bella's bite, if she has been bitten by a vampire, and not killed, that vampire must have injected venom, but then she wouldn't be part mortal, I exhale and close my eyes, it's at times like this I wish I could sleep.