Chapter. 3

~~~~~~~~~~~

Bella's POV-

~~~~~~~~~~~

I yawn. "You tired?" he asks me, his face full of amusement, I wonder why. "Nope," I pop the P, making him laugh, I begin exploring his room. On his desk are many books with leather covers, I pick one up only to have it snatched away by Edward, that wasn't very nice.

"I suggest you don't read these, unless you love having nightmares,"

I realize something, there's no bed, where does he sleep? "Edward?"

"Yes Bella?"

"Where's your bed?"

His eyes widen, "Um, that's a conversation for another time,"

"Eddie, I'm tired, can I sleep?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edward's POV-

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Eddie, I'm tired, can I sleep?" she asked me, her eyelids drooping,

"Of course," I reply, you can sleep Bells, just where is the question. Alice is decorating her room so she can't rest there, my eyes fall on the white chaise placed near the window.

It's not the most comfortable thing in the world, but it's better than the floor.

I pick her up and lay her down. "Goodnight, my love, sleep well," I kiss her forehead when an urge shoots through me, an urge to press my lips against hers, to feel her silky skin against my own, what the heck?

I turn around, confused and am about to leave when Bella's angelic voice calls. "Edward?" she hesitates, I spin and go back to her, "Could you stay with me?" her voice is full of hope, I can't say no, I mean, who can?

I sigh and flash a smile at her, she budges up allowing me to lay next to her, her head rests on my chest, I wrap my arms around her, I could stay like this forever. A few minutes later she's fast asleep.

If only I could read her thoughts... Wait a second, I can't read her thoughts?! I decide to go ask Carlisle, maybe she had a gift? I can't be losing my ability, can I? One sided Telepathy has it's disadvantages but I don't think I could live without it, not that I'm living and that's a lie, I probably could.

I knock Carlisle's door and walk in, "Have you found anything out about Bella?"

"Yes I have, I have discovered her gift, It's quite extraordinary,"

"What is it?" I ask quickly, maybe too quickly.

"Ask her yourself," he stands up and pats my shoulder, you're not losing your gift son, my father adds mentally.

I lay back down next to Bella and close my eyes, allowing my mind to wander, if I hadn't of gone hunting today, Bella would be dead now, she would be being digested, the thought makes me shiver. I focus on her heart, it's relaxing hum, everything about her is perfect.

Ten hours feels like ten minutes, Bella wakes and shakes my arm, my eyes jolt open as I hear the groan of her stomach.

"Food?" I suggest, she nods eagerly, making me chuckle.

We skip down the stairs together, I glance at the clock, 9am, Emmett and Jasper are playing video games, Alice and Rose are talking about fashion and about what I was wearing yesterday, I roll my eyes at this, Carlisle has gone to work and Esme is making scrambled eggs for Bella, like the good mother she is.

I watch, fascinated as Bella gobbles down the food, how does she swallow that stuff? It's like dirt.

When she finished she takes her plate, puts it in the sink, and washes it, most one month olds don't do that either...

I stand there, wide eyed in shock, she stares at me, I realize I'm not the only one shocked, we all are. "What?" she runs over to Alice, grabs her hand and this time Bella pulls Alice up the stairs, like Alice did the day before to her.

I shake my head at the extraordinary girl and continue to watch Emmett repeatedly beat Jasper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bella's POV~

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alice bathed me again, like she did yesterday. She dries me off and dresses me in a light blue top, a dark blue wool cardigan and black tights, with black converses, she makes the parting in my hair and brushes it, after she has, she places a dark blue beanie over my head and smiles.

"Perfect!" she squeals happily, I smile sweetly in return, she takes my hand in hers and leads me downstairs to Eddie.

"Hey Bella, Do you want to go for a walk with me?" I nod and release Alice, Edward helps me onto his shoulders, I can see the whole world from up here.

I shudder at the memory of what happened last time I was here, Edward, sensing my tension, soothingly rubs my arm, "It's okay Bells, I'll protect you,"

After about five minutes of walking the forest opens, taking us into a beautiful meadow, Edward lies down in the middle of all the flowers, watching as I run around jumping, pretending to fly, I love the sound of his laugh, I hopscotch over to him and give him kiss on the lips, like a daughter would to a father.

"What was that for?"

"Because I love you,"

"I love you too Bella,"

A tingling sensation takes over my body, an image pops into my head, or rather a memory does.

"Edward? I want to show you something,"

"What would you like me to see?" he cocks his head, looking me in the eye.

I take a deep breath, explanation time "My shield, I can do different things with it, Like I have my invisibility shield, I can make myself, and whoever is inside my shield, Invisible, no one can hear anything, but we can hear them, there's the mute shield, so whatever noise on the outside of the shield can't be heard on the inside, the telepathic shield, whoever is under my shield, I can read their mind, or show them my mind, and there is the pain shield... I picture the person whom I want to damage in my head, then I choose what pain I want to cause them, if they are within a reasonable distance of me, it will work, I can also take down my shield,"

Edward stays frozen in shock, "Amazing," he whispers, making me blush.

We sat in the meadow for hours, talking about my gift, and chatting, I gaze up at the sky, it's twilight, my favourite time of the day, it always was, and always will be.