Wasted Breaths

"Niki? Niki!?" Dream bolted through the door as he dragged his brother behind him.

"What- oh, Dream? What's-"

"My mom, she was- she's gone!" Niki looked at Phil and Wilbur and walked out of the kitchen.

"What do you mean?"

"Some guy he fucking knocked me out- and, and then he...he took her I think. I didn't know where else to go, and I thought she could be here because she- she trains with you-"

"Dream, calm down, take a seat." Niki brought him to the couch. Phil watched Tubbo follow his brother and sit closely to him.

"She came by earlier, asking me about Tommy...but that's all. I haven't seen her since, and then...that's really it."

"What did he look like?" Phil asked from behind them, Dream looked back.

"I-I didn't get a really good look of him.."

"Did he leave anything behind? Any clues?"

"He like burned a code into the wall."

"Was it four digits?" Wilbur chummed in, Dream looked at his red and inflamed eyelids. He nodded and Wilbur brought his hands to his eyes as he sighed.

"It's was six-"

"Two zero eight."

"Yeah, that's it- do you know something about the man?"

"He's after Tommy, that's all we know right now..." Phil responded. Dream looked at the door, then back at Niki.

"Where is Tommy?" Niki asked politely.

"We couldn't find him.."

"Puffy told me she brought him to your house. She said Techno was really off when he opened the door."

"What do you mean?" Wilbur stepped closer.

"He was trying to usher her out.." Phil and Wilbur looked at one another.

"That doesn't make any sense." They both said simultaneously.

"What? I don't understand." Dream asked and the  two who only looked at one another.

"When we showed up, Techno was bleeding to death. It doesn't make any sense as to why he would try and push puffy away."

"If he was in trouble he would reach out to Puffy."

"What if it happened after she left?"

"Puffy showed up to my house about twenty minutes after she visited yours. She told me it took forever to get here...but still, we won't get any answers just assuming."

The three looked into the kitchen at the bloody table.

"We're going to have to wait till he wakes up." Niki said in the thick silence.

"Techno was bleeding?" Tubbo's high pitched voice asked innocently.

"Stabbed." Wilbur said as he patted the side of his hip. Tubbo swallowed his fears and looked at Dream..

"Where's mom?" Tubbo asked, Dream chuckled and looked at his hands.

"I- I...don't know. But they took her because of 6208, because of Tommy." Wilbur grew anxious in the room, he realized how Dream's anger could possibly lead him to do rash things. He wouldn't...Wilbur believed Dream wouldn't blame the innocent kid for his mom's disappearance.

Wilbur hoped Dream wouldn't.