The New Battle

"Puffy?" Phil made sure to leave Tommy with Wilbur before bringing him into this house. Outside were children playing with their toys outside. Some running around, and some shouting bc loudly. He called again from outside and knocked on her door again.

"Ah! Uh- oh, yes?" Phil looked at her. She had massive eye bags that had sunken deep into her skin. Her curls were erratically out of place and a few hanged over her face. Her outfit was stained in, different paints? She looked overwhelmed...but she opened the door further and smiled.

"Phil! It's so good to see you." She shook his hand and Phil only chuckled.

"It's seems like you may be a bit busy." He peeked behind her. The room was lit up well and inside were more activities.

"You need something?" She inquired after a Phil's short silence.

"Oh, yes I do...I just got a new little one. They need help with their speech. I was wondering if-"

"Wait! You have another kid?"

"Yeah." Phil softly smiled at her, she only giggled and brushed some of her curls back behind her horns.

"What's their name?" Puffy would sometimes get excited to meet new children. She already knew that a shy kid would resort to her the most for comfort. What she didn't know is that Tommy was going to resort to her for comfort, but also protection.

"Tommy."

"Oh-" Phil put his finger over his lips, and she lowered her voice.

"Their a bit frightened, so I'll have to bring him through the back. Is that alright?"

"Right, no of course. I'll go open it now." She closed the door and hurried to the back.

"Dream! Take Tubbo upstairs or outside!" She shouted from downstairs. Dream only sighed and moved his mask to cover his face. He sat up from his bed and sluggishly trotted down the steps.

"C'mon Tub's. Want to go outside?"

"No-no!  I hate it out..there." The little boy crossed his arms.

"Dammit." Dream mumbled to himself, he extended a hand and the little lamb took it.

"Okay, let's go upstairs then." Tubbo giggled in excitement. It wasn't ever day that his foster brother let him play with his random gadgets.

"Can I play with the blue whale one?"

"What- oh sure just be careful. I had to burn the wax to make his fin stick to the base." Tubbo smiled and darted to Dreams door as soon as they reached the top of the steps.

Dream followed the little boy and plopped down in the bed again, this time sitting up and fiddling with a  sword. They heard the door open and Puffy's nice voice she would use towards the kids. Or the frightened, new, and or shy kids.

"Hello. I'm Mrs. Puffy." Tommy hugged the back of Phil's leg and scratched at the itchy clothes Phil gave him to wear.

"Oh, hey Wilbur. Techno, it's good to see you boys again." She smiled at her and the boys smiled at her.

"Alright, now. What do you want to go over?" She brought Phil over to the main room, Wilbur and Techno awkwardly stood there.

"Oh, you two can help yourself to the fridge. We just had a birthday. So you can have some cake if you like." Puffy said from the other room. Wilbur was starving and went to investigate, while Techno grew anxious and ready to challenge Dream again.

"Tech. Come here." The younger one walked over to his brother who smiled at him.

"Okay now. I found these for you." Wilbur gave him three potatoes, Techno hid his gasp with a yawn.

"Now...I'm going to try this cake." Wilbur grinned and sliced into it, the boy was hungry and always complained from the lack of food at their house. He appreciated a nice snack...but he couldn't over do it. He would always get sick if he did.

"Okay. Be careful, you don't want to get a stomachache."

"Whatever Techno." The piglin bit into the raw vegetable and munched on it. In the other room Tommy sat next to Phil on the sofa across from Puffy.

"He's frightened easily, and it will definitely take some time for him to get comfortable. He won't leave my side, so I think I'll have to join you two whenever you want him to study. I had to have Wilbur and Techno hold him back just so I could talk to you at the front door..."

"Ah, that's okay." She did her best to make her words not overwhelmed and exhausted.

"Tommy stay here. Me and Puffy will be right around this wall." They got up and Tommy gripped the sofa with his hands. He dug his sharp nails into the fabric and felt the mattress underneath him.

"Look, Tommy has been through- a lot of stuff. So I think if your gentle, that is the best approach. He had all this scar tissue and baggage from some horrible people he probably escaped from. I just- I need you to teach him how to speak and write so I can help him. I'm sorry to ask you for this so suddenly because I know you just recently adopted a kid yourself and-"

"Phil. It's okay, it's no trouble at all. Tubbo is around the same age as Tommy and this isn't the first kid I've taught so, it's no problem. Plus, if Tommy ever wants to meet Tubbo, I'm sure they would get along pretty well."

"Thank you, I wasn't sure I would be able to teach after Kr-" Phil leaned down slightly and gazed at the floor. Puffy patted his shoulder.

"It's okay. Really. I think if your okay with it, today I'll just chat with him? See what he already knows and what he doesn't want to talk about."

"Okay..."

"Being a children's therapist and teacher is difficult, but I have the skills to help him." She patted his back with a chuckle, Phil nodded.

"Thanks, Puffy."