26: Greyson

OVER 100k!!!! Thank you guys so so much, I love you and I hope you like this chapter. Not much happens, but I know a lot of people wanted Greyson's POV and I find it harder to write his so I kept it pretty simple. Happy reading:)

Kennedy climbs out of my truck, turning back before she shuts the door and gives me a cheeky smile. "You should put some ice on that." She slams the door.

I feel her lack of presence in the truck immediately and watch her enter her building, my sweater dwarfing her.

While I wait for her to text me that she's in her apartment, I go over the fight in my head. It wasn't bad, it could have been over in less than a minute if I wanted it, but I've learned people like it more when I draw it out, so I did. Well most people like it, Kennedy had looked on the verge of tears the entire time.

Seeing her look so concerned had only made me want to drag it out more to see how far I could push her. That was until the asshole kid had asked if I'd share her. I swear to god she attracts creeps like a moth to a flame.

Then of course I fucked up again by making her think I was hiding her. I didn't want anyone to recognize me and make me stay and talk for 30 minutes, I just wanted to take Kennedy home.

My phone rings in my cupholder and I grab it, surprised when I see Kennedy's name.

"Greyson?" My heart stops at the sound of her voice. I know somethings wrong, she sounds wrong.

"Kennedy? What's wrong? What happened?" I'm already out of the truck, sprinting towards the door.

"Some-someone broke into my apartment. I can't—" her voice is cut off by a sob and I stop in my tracks. "I can't find Coco."

"What? Someone broke it?" I know I should yell, but I can't help it.

Someone broke into my apartment.

"Yes." She chokes out and I reach for the door and when I find it locked, I consider breaking the fucking window.

"I'll be up in a minute. Buzz me in."

"You're still here?" Of course I am, I didn't want to leave.

"I told you I'd wait until you texted me."

She pauses and then whispers, "Okay, please hurry."

I hear the door unlock and burst in, not stopping until I'm infront of the elevator.

Someone broke into my apartment.

It's all I can fucking hear as I wait for the doors to open.

"Don't go in the apartment Kennedy." She doesn't answer and I pull my phone away from my ear. I didn't even realize she'd hung up.

I call her again as I jam my thumb into the elevator button over and over again—there's no answer. I try again but she still doesn't pick up.

I don't let myself think about what might be happening. And I definitely don't think about the fact that the person could still be in there.

Someone yells for me to hold the elevator, but I close the doors before they can reach it.

I feel like I'm on the edge of a panic attack, but I know I'll be okay, I just need to make sure Kennedy is.

Why is this elevator taking so fucking long?