Chapter 8: Welcome home Izu!

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Okay, t-thank you."

   With that Hizashi and I go back downstairs to give Izuku some space. It's a big change and if we want him to adjust well we can smother him. We just have to be here when he needs us.

"Babe, am I getting stronger or was that suitcase like a scary light?" Hizashi whispers, or tries to.

"Oh definitely, I'm not sure much was in there." I respond, fearful of the lack of weight.

Izuku POV:

   Aizawa and Yamada left me in what is now my room. It's big with a full sized bed against the wall. There's a desk in front of a window and the closet looks like it's its own small room. I don't think I have ever been in a house this big. I don't think I've seen too many houses that are this big.

'Right, waste no time! I have to unpack.'

   I set my suitcase on the bed and unzipped it revealing 3 t-shirts, 2 pairs of pants, a pair of shorts, my other hoodie, a quilt my mom's mom made, and my All Might scarf. I open the giant closet and fold the clothes to put on the shelf.

'Shirts on this shelf so it's easy to grab, hoodies go here, pants over on this side with shorts above them, and my scarf can go right up here!'

   I sit the folded quilt on my bed for now and start on my backpack. It has 8 composition notebooks on heroic and analysis. I pull out a tin box with a few pens and pencils inside. I set the box and notebooks down on the desk in my room. Then I pull out the scrapbook. It's full of pictures with my mom, and auntie Mitsuki with uncle Masaru and Kacchan... It's been a while since I've spoken with the Bakugos. I should reach out to them.

   Besides my best effort, thinking about my mom and the Bakugos made me tear up. I take a deep breath to try and calm myself. I decided it might be best if I put this in the closet. There's plenty of open space so I'll set it on a shelf for now.

   I turn my attention to my now empty suitcase and backpack. I put the suitcase under my bed and sit the backpack next to the desk. I spread the quilt over the empty bed and straightened up any wrinkles. I sit on the bed and take a deep breath in.

'I am okay.'

Present Mic POV:

   I'm not the best cook but I'm proud of myself. Nothing is burnt and it isn't some mutant color! The katsudon even smells good. This must be a sign of my improvement and good luck. I turn my attention to Shouta who is reading through some folder.

"Hey sho' whatcha reading?" I look over his shoulder.

"This is the case folder for Izuku's father." He whispers. "The man has a record of abuse and attempted human trafficking. It's not good 'Zashi."

"Shouta, he's safe now. I swear I won't let anything bad happen. Okay?" I rub his back making small circles as an attempt to destress him.

"I know 'Zashi, but that's not going to stop me from worrying. I will bring him to justice and have this bastard arrested." He's full of determination and a bit of rage.

"Right, well let's bring justice after we have dinner alright? I'm gonna go grab the little listener, you get plates!" I break our whispering and start to walk up the stairs.

   I make my way up the hall to Izuku's room and spot him sitting on the bed. He's all unpacked.

"Hey listener! You got everything put up?" I open the cracked door and stand next to him. The room still looks bare. I frown a bit but try not to worry him.

"Y-yep!" He looks up at me like some puppy that's hanging on my every word.

"Great job! Dinner is ready so let's go eat up! We had a long day, right? You must be starved." I give him a gentle tap with my elbow and we walk together leaving the practically empty room.