Chapter 8: Welcome home Izu!

Start from the beginning

"You mean Deku? His rooms down the hall." The boy looked at me, almost disgusted I referred to him by his name.

"Deku? That doesn't sound nice." I question him. Maybe he got all slouchy because he was bullied in here.

"Yeah well, everyone calls him Deku! Besides we didn't make up the name, one of his school friends did. Ka-chan or sumthin. I don't know!" The kid gives me a shove before running down the hall.

"Right then." I keep walking until I reach what I assume is Izuku's room. I walk in and see him zipping up a beat up All Might themed suitcase. He's also put on an All Might hoodie over his shirt from the exam. Kid sure likes All Might.

"Hey, Izu. Need some help?" I ask, walking through the door and leaning up against the wall.

"I-I got it. Just had some trouble reaching some stuff but I'm all set now!" He nods his head. I'm glad he seems to be warming up to me.

"Remember what Recovery girl said. You should take it easy. I can carry your bags." I gesture to the yellow backpack and All Might suitcase.

"I'm alright, they aren't too heavy." He looks at me with those sweet emerald eyes. I haven't a clue why he wasn't adopted after all this time.

"How about this, you let me carry the heaviest bag and you can carry the other."

"A-alright. My backpack is just an old scrapbook and some stationary. So I figure my suitcase is heavier, it has all my clothes and my blanket." He takes his hand off the suitcase allowing me to hold it. But when I put my hands on it I realize it hardly weighs anything.

"You got everything?" I question making sure he actually packed stuff in the suitcase.

"Yep! I-I think I do." He smiled at me.

   With that the two of us make our way back down the hall and down the stairs, Izuku waves at every kid we pass. We make it to the main room again and say goodbye to Takahashi. We exit the orphanage and it looks like a weight was lifted from Izuku's shoulders. We get in the car and Hizashi starts to drive us to our house.

  ——DRIVING TIME SKIP 45 MINUTES——

  It was a quiet drive back home, not that I'm complaining. Hizashi gets out and grabs Izuku's suitcase and has the same reaction I did when I lifted it. The sun is almost ready to set so we head in the house. The kid tries to hide it but I can tell he's shocked at the size of the house. It is weird having a five bed and four bath house when it's just Hizashi and I.

"Alright listener! Let's head upstairs and show you your room!" Hizashi says, opening the front door presenting us with two cats at the door.

"A-aww kitties." Izuku smiles towards us and practically melts our hearts.

"Heh, yeah that brown one is Mocha and the brown and white one is Espresso. Say hi cats." I nod towards the cats like a signal to let them trust Izuku.

"Coffee names, that's so cute." He runs his hand across Espresso, who purrs to the affection.

   I spot Hizashi taking a photo of the moment, which makes the boy blush until he's red. The two cats run off to the living room so we keep heading to Izuku's room. Once up the stairs and up the hall we open the door presenting the bedroom to Izuku.

"So... you dig it, listener?" Hizashi looks at the expression on Izuku's face. He looks worried again.

"H-huh? Yeah this is great, it's just way bigger than my old r-room..." He stutters but still gives us that now iconic, shakey smile.

"I'm glad you like it, kid. We'll give you some time to settle in and we will be down stairs cooking dinner. Let us know if you need anything." I run my hand through his curly green hair. And try to give him my own shakey smile.