[chapter swenty seven] darkness has come again

Start from the beginning

______

With a pounding head, Aires flipped onto her side, only to come into contact with the burning hot sun on her cheek. Her nose scrunched up involuntarily as her hands blindly searched for the blanket.

"Morning." Stiles whispered, walking over to the edge of her bed.

"Nope." She whined, wiggling about in her bed.

"It's just past three in the afternoon, Ree." He whispered, tucking her head behind her ears.

Aires shot up, her eyes widening. "WHAT!" She squealed, earning a small chuckle from the boy.

"Melissa said not to wake you, she's been here all morning by your side but just left an hour ago to go to work." He explained, smiling down at her.

"And how long have you been here?" She asked, slightly tilting her head to the side.

"All day." He whispered softly, his eyes darting to her bedside table.

Before she could reply, he reached across her grabbing an old wooden box with a huge lock on it. Aires eyebrows furrowed in confusion, it looked old and dirty.

Reading the look on her face, Stiles explained where it was from. "Sage dropped this off this morning, she decided to get it so you wouldn't have to go back."

The Hale sucked in a deep breath, her eyes glued to the box sat in his hands. Her arms wouldn't move despite the commands from her head, she just couldn't bring herself to take it, not after last night.

Stiles glanced at the girl and instantly knew she wasn't alright. He threw the box onto the bed and scooped her into his arms, holding the back of her head whilst his face was buried in her hair. Her arms quickly found his waist, pulling him even closer to her whilst her face was pressed against his chest. Nobody knew her like Stiles did, nobody understood her like him.

"Ree." He whispered, his hot breath sending a small shiver down her neck.

A loud pound on her bedroom door broke the two apart, Aires pulled the cover over her body whilst Stiles ran to the door.

"Is she here?" Lydia's voice sung through the room, her eyes scanning it for the blonde.

Stiles looked over his shoulder, silently asking her if she wanted the Martin to come in. Aires nodded her head, giving him the best smile she could force. Lydia practically ran into the room, throwing herself at the girl and into a tight embrace.

"I'll be downstairs." Stiles whispered, closing the door behind him.

Aires body was slightly tense, the events of yesterday still fresh in her mind. She hadn't forgotten what Lydia had said to her, she was sure the words would stick to her forever.

"Aires-"

"It's fine, we don't have to talk about it." She quickly interrupted, her eyes casted to the floor as she wiggled out of her arms.

"I need to apologise and I need you to listen." Lydia said firmly, putting on her serious act. Aires didn't bother interrupting her, she knew by that tone that Lydia was going to say what she wanted to whether she wanted to hear it or not.

"I don't know what came over me the other day, I'm not even sure why those words left my lips when I never wanted them to. I'm so sorry they did, and whilst I can't take them back I just want to make it clear. I do not think that way about you, you are strong and have been through hell and back. Just the fact that you have managed to survive has been one of the best achievements you've ever had. I'm so deeply sorry, on so many levels. It wasn't me that said that, I'm not even sure where the hell it came from considering not once have I ever had a thought like that about you. I know this next part won't make much sense but I swear on my life those words were not my own, I promise I will explain it after today. Just give me till tomorrow and I will fix all of this. I will do whatever it takes to make this right."