Chapter 10: Festival Fun

The sun had set and the moon began to shine, and for this special time, it was literally blue for this occasion. Everyone had arrived, all the shamans, every centaur from near and far, and everyone was socializing and having fun. Glendale was having some fun of her own by looking at her special pile, "Woah, so much shiny stuff. And it's all for me?" Her portal tummy opens and she begins to put some of the stuff in there. Horse and Rider were with the old centaur shaman and the Woman as they chatted and Elk walks out Adalie's cottage, cleaned up and wearing the suit Josiah gave him. He looks at the crowd, feeling nervous until Emilia walks over to him, "You alright?"

He shakes his head, "I'm nervous...I...It's been a long time since I've been in a huge crowd." She touches his shoulder and holds his hand, walking him out, "There there. It's going to be alright dear. Just take a deep breath and have some fun. It's okay." He smiles at her and joins the party and looks around. It has been a long time since he was in a crowd like this, except everyone seemed more friendly and welcoming. He talks to some, and he looks around, wondering where Adalie was and he bumps into Zulius, "Oh, I'm sorry." Zulius turns around, "It's alright. Just be careful not to ruin the style." He fixes his hair a bit and notices Elk was still looking around, "Are you looking for something? Or someone?" Elk nods, "Yes, I don't know if she's here or if she's still getting ready."

Durpleton and Ched peek down, and the giraffetaur giggles, "Oooo a girl? Is she your crush? Is that why you're looking for her?" Elk felt his cheeks fluster and the trio chuckle and Ched sits on Elk's shoulder, "You know, you might get competition when it comes to ladies. I don't know much but I'm sure women like a strong, dominant man. You gotta fight off anyone who would get in your way and-" "I'm sure I won't have any but thank you?" The birdtaur pats his shoulder and the three join Wammawink and when Elk turned his head back, he sees Adalie and gasps a bit when he saw her.

Her hair was curled and part of it was in a small ponytail, wearing a blue and white flower hair accessory, and she wore a white dress like blouse that had blue see through sleeves, and she wore a necklace with a moon pendant and she smiles when she saw him, "So...what do you think?"

She walks over to him and he clears his throat, "Wow

She walks over to him and he clears his throat, "Wow....you look..." He tries to find the words and his cheeks turn red, and Adalie giggles, a little blush showing on her cheeks as well. She looks up at him, smiling, "You look good too. I see my dad let you wear his old festival suit. It looks really good on you."

He smiles, blushing and he gets closer to her, "Words can't describe how beautiful you look. I can't take my eyes off of you." Adalie's eyes widen a bit, and she begins to blush hard as well and the two look away for a bit, their cheeks red. Adalie looks back up at him, "So, how are you liking it so far?" "He smiles at her, "It's....it's nice. I'm enjoying it very much." Music begins to play and a few centaurs started dancing, and Elk turns to her, "Shall we?" Adalie's ears fold back and she shyly backs up a bit, "I...I don't dance....I'm not a good dancer. No one really wanted to dance with me..." She looks down and she sees Elk hold out his hand, smiling, "It's okay, just follow my lead." Adalie hesitates and she takes his hand and they walk out to the center where everyone was and get in position and Elk looks at her, "Ready?" She nods and she puts her other hand on his shoulder and he wraps his arm around her waist, smiling at each other.

.

.

.

.

.