Chapter 2: A Small Slip

Adalie wanders about the plains until she finds a tall architecture that what she presumed to be the Nowhere King's old castle. It was covered by moss and vines, abandoned since the war was over, the sun was slowly setting, and it shined from the edge of the hill. She goes inside and looks around at her surroundings, "Woah....this place is bigger than I imagined..." She walks to the center, near the old throne and lays down, getting her little setup going, looking through the books. She hums softly as she closes her eyes, concentrating on a spell, and a small white glow forms between her hands and she begins to sing softly, her voice echoing through the castle.

Here my voice, hear my song
You have been for so long
Gone in the dark, swallowed by pride
The magic of love has died
Rise once again, and be given life
And now it's time to wake up and realize
That you can change your ways and fate
Away from all of this regret and pain
Learn to love again, and you can see
Rise above and let yourself be free

The glow grew brighter and her hair rises a bit, but a rock falls behind her, giving her a scare, causing the spell to be casted on accident and there was a rumble. She backs up a bit and gasps when a black puddle of ink like liquid forms on the ground and a lump begins rising up from it. Adalie pants, backing away as it gets bigger and she shake sin fear, realizing that she had accidentally brought back the Nowhere King to life, but when it stopped, she gets closer and there was an injured elktaur, panting as the liquid was running off his body and he coughs as he tries to regain his breath. 

Adalie was confused, and she gets closer a bit, "This

Adalie was confused, and she gets closer a bit, "This....This can't be the Nowhere King....unless..." She gasps when she noticed the bleeding gash on his chest and she gets to his wound, "Oh my goodness, are you okay?...." He opens his eyes and looks up at her, "I....W-who...who are you?" Adalie looks up at him, seeing he was taller than her, "Are....are you the...the Nowhere King?" The elktaur looks away, "I do not go by that beast name anymore....""O-Oh...so what is your name then?" The elktaur opens his mouth to speak but pauses, "I....I don't remember...I don't remember my real name....who I was before...I was corrupted for so long....and in the darkness alone...I wanted to forget everything..."

Adalie fidgets with her hair, "O-Oh...I'm sorry...B-But y-you're injured and I can help you." She gets up and helps the elktaur stand and she sees that he was really tall, and she helps him walk, picking up her satchel and equipment and they walk out together. She looks at the sun, and it was near the horizon, "I'll get you back to my cottage, and you can rest there." He looks at her, and a small smile forms on his face, "Thank you...." Adalie smiles and they get back to the village and she gets him inside her cottage quickly, "So...you're no longer the Nowhere King...and you don't remember your real name?" 

He shakes his head and she grabs some bandages and a warm cloth and cleans his wound, "So...do you mind if I call you...um...Elk? I'm sorry if it offends you..." He watches her as she treats it with some type of ointment and wraps it in bandages, "T-That's fine....I don't mind. If it helps you." She smiles and finishes, "Is that better?" He nods, "Very...thank you for your kindness." She hears her mother call her, "Adalie! Time for dinner sweetheart!" She calls back, "Coming!" She gets up, "I'll bring you back some food. I'll be right back." She leaves and goes to her parents' cottage and Elk smiles from the window.

.

.

.

.

.