Chapter 7: Small Meeting

Elk smiles as he watches Adalie near the field, helping someone with the crops and he rests his head on his hand and sighs. He felt someone touch his back and he jump back, seeing the old horsetaur woman, "So you must be our newcomer?" He smiles, "Y-yes ma'am, you must be..." She smiles, walking to her tent, "I'm like a shaman but not that serious. Why don't you come with me Elk?" He follows her and he gasps when he saw a familiar face and he tries to leave but the old woman stops him, "No, there's something we both must tell you.... privately."

Elk gulps and the woman looks over at him, "Well...this is a surprise...but I don't feel surprised." He looks away, looking down in shame, "I...I have no excuse for my actions...." The horsetaur shaman sits on her blanket, "We have all made mistakes we regret. Does anyone else know about what you've done?" He shakes his head, "I doubt it..." He looks at the woman as she speaks again, "I also heard you are falling on love again."

Elk's head snaps back at her, "I...." She smiles, "Well...it's good to move on. No, I'm not jealous or mad. I feel like it's good for you. And besides.... she seems like the perfect woman." The shaman smiles, "Yes, Adalie is a very sweet girl. However, the wrong hands must NEVER know about her power...who knows what they could do to her?" She stands up and walks to him, "Don't make the same mistake twice! Don't miss your chance! If you learned anything from your past, you would do the opposite. Adalie's magic has given you a second chance, so don't screw it up!" Elk nods, and she sits back down, "Now, the festival is next week and there's a few preparations we must make. Especially send out invitations." He looks around and the woman smiles at him, "Well what are you waiting for? Go seize your moment before it's too late. Go be happy." 

Elk smiles and he goes to look for Adalie and goes to her, "Adalie! I need to ask you somethi-WAH!" He trips over her basket and lands right on top of her, and their faces meet. His cheeks become really rosy, and he backs up a bit off of her, "S-sorry, I am so sorry. I didn't mean-" He noticed she had red on her cheeks as well, and he gulps, "I-" "Woah now, already? It hasn't even been a few days and you two already wanting each other?" Elk gasps and he sees Josiah and Emilia standing there and he quickly gets up and helps Adalie up as well, "S-Sorry, I uh, well I tripped and...um..." He quickly leaves and Adalie watches him, and a smile forms on her face and Emilia leans over to her, "Is he alright?" Adalie sighs, "I have no idea, but.... I have a good feeling about him."

.

.

.

.

.