Chapter 20

Summerville had introduced a 9pm curfew. It was clear that the town was being terrorized by The Hyenas and the mayor wanted to keep the residents safe.
The police were doing everything they could to track down the gang but it was to no avail.

Many of the residents barely left their homes anymore and some even started working from home.

The Summerville High students were not too happy about the curfew as they had prom coming up and it was supposed to end at midnight, 9 pm felt too early to end the celebration.

"If we can get everyone to sign this petition, we will be able to ask the mayor to extend our prom to at least midnight." The student body President Maxine announced in the cafeteria.

"Can't you just talk to your dad? Prom is a big deal." Josslyn asked, looking at Adelaide.

"I'll try." She responded.

"Okay great!" Maxine exclaimed. "Just sign this and pass it on."

"So I'm thinking of asking Ava to make my prom dress for me." Emma said to Marcus.

"You should. You look amazing in everything she makes." He smirked. "Do we have a color in mind? So I can match a bow tie or suit?"

Emma raised an eyebrow. "Is this your way of asking me to be your prom date?" She asked.

"Attention. Can Katie Ross please make her way to the soccer field." A voice announced over the intercom.
The students started whispering as Katie got up. A bunch of students also followed, Emma and Marcus included.

Brock was standing on the soccer field with four other guys. He was last in line.
"What is this?" Katie asked.

"Now guys!" Brock yelled.

The first guy unzipped his jacket revealing his torso painted in black with the letter P. The other guys followed revealing more letters.
R O M. Brock was the last one and his torso had a question mark on it.

P R O M ?

Katie squealed.
"Of course I'll go to prom with you." She beamed and she ran into Brock's arms. The crowd of students cheered.

"Wow. The promposals are already starting." Peter commented.

"Yep. And they are only going to get harder and more creative. You boys better start." Josslyn said.

"Are you guys serious?" Marcus asked. "What happened to just asking normally."

"Normals is boring. Promposals are cute and show effort." Emma answered. She was hoping that Marcus would get the hint that she wanted a great promprosal. She wanted to feel like a princess.

"Good luck." Josslyn said as she linked her arm with Emma and the two girls walked away.

"I really hope Marcus does one. He tried to ask me in the cafeteria but luckily the announcement stopped me from answering. I was going to say yes." Emma explained.

"Don't worry. I'll put in a word for you." Josslyn assured.
Emma giggled. She could not wait to see what Marcus would come up with.

**

The last bell for the day rang and the students of Summerville High flooded the hallways to go home.

Emma had received a text from Adelaide so the two girls decided to meet up after everyone was gone.
"Really? A secret rendezvous?" Emma asked as she reached the back of the school library.

"I cannot be seen talking to you. It's not a good look." Adelaide retorted.

Emma rolled her eyes.
"Okay, what?"