Chapter 12

Sunday morning came and Emma was still over the moon from the events of last night. She and Marcus declared their love for each other at the lagoon and it was a big deal.
Although Emma was sure she loved Liam, she did not remember ever saying those words to him.

Since Emma was in such a good mood, she decided to make breakfast for her dad and brother.
It was after 8 am so they were most probably awake.

Emma got out of bed to freshen up. She tied her hair into a ponytail and after she was done, she went to Emmett's room to check on him but he was not there.
His bed was neatly made and the curtains still closed.

Emma's brows came together in confusion, she then decided to go to her dad's bedroom instead cause sometimes, Emmett would sleep there.
She knocked gently but entered. Martin was sound asleep and snoring slightly. Emmett was nowhere in sight.

Emma felt slight worry so she sped walk to her room to call her aunt.

"Morning sweetheart." Aunt Martina chirped after answering.

"Morning zia." Emma said. "Is Emmett with you?"

"Si.. he is here." Aunt Martina confirmed.

Emma sighed in relief. Her mind almost went to a dark place and she thought maybe Ray snuck in and took him.
"Dad said he would pick him up last night so I was worried when I saw he wasn't in his bed."

"Oh... well your father did not call me to say anything last night. Maybe he forgot." Martina said. "I will drop him off later?"

"Sure." Emma agreed. She and her aunt exchanged goodbyes and then hung up the phone.

Emma still decided to make breakfast for herself and her father.
Upon arriving in the kitchen, she found her dad's coffee mug on the counter. As Emma took it to rinse it, a strange smell caught her attention. She looked at the mug, there was still a brown liquid in it but it was little.

Emma raised the mug to her nose and scrunched her nose immediately at the smell. It was a strong liquor smell.
Emma was shocked at this discovery. She never once saw her father drink alcohol, not even a beer.
She was not sure what to think of any of this.

*

Summerville High School was prepped and ready for extracurricular week.
Infrastructure wise, the school was big so most of the activities were held there. Other schools from neighboring towns brought their students to Summerville High.
This was usually a blissful week for 8th and 9th grades because their class were cancelled. The junior floor was used to host extracurricular week.

The seniors also had short days because some of their teachers were supervisors and mentors.

"I'm so nervous." Peter said. The science fair was happening and he was part of it. Since he and Emma shared the same classes, he dragged her along out of their maths class and to an empty biology class.
She was going to be his emotional support while he finished the notes for his project.

"You'll be fine." Emma assured. "What is it made of? It looks so real?" She asked looking at the model of a heart.

"Dough." Peter stated.

"Wow." Emma said. The heart was red and blue to differentiate between the oxygenated and deoxygenated blood carried by arteries and veins.
"It would've been cool if you could make it pump?"

"Tried but it stopped and blew up in my face." Peter told. "So I decided to just leave it cause I can't risk my heart stopping in the middle of the project."

"True." Emma agreed. "I really like it though."

Peter was silent for a few seconds, he then cleared his throat.
"Would you say you love it?" He asked, smirking.