Chapter 1

Emma was in deep thought and shock, she could barely hear anything as her father scolded her.
Emmett was Carl Summers' son. How was that even possible? Lori and Carl were sleeping together while she was married to Martin?
Emma had many questions, she had no idea what she was going to do with this unsettling information.

"How could you do this! You could've gotten hurt! Running around and playing detective? You should've let the adults deal with it! That Ray Summers kid is dangerous! You saw what he did to Liam!"
Martin yelled at the top of his lungs as he paced the entire living room.
"Not to mention you lied to me when I asked you why you were at your mother's old office. I am your father for god's sake! These are things you are supposed to tell me about. I am supposed to protect you."

Emma sighed. She was not going to say anything to her father to try and defend herself. She was too tired. She cried all day at how everything played out. She felt like she did not even know her mother anymore.

"The shit your mother did is going to be very damaging to this family now that it is out there and that is something you have to be prepared for." Martin said.
"I don't want that for you... what I want is for you to concentrate on school and only school. We can arrange for you to be home schooled from here on out. Being out in public is going to be hard and I don't want that to mess with you or your brother."

Emma looked at her father who was standing there with his arms crossed to his chest, a deep crease between his eyebrows. She was not sure if he was mad at her or not.
She shook her head.
"I'll be fine. I'll finish the semester at school." She decided. She did not want to be confined to her house. Now that the truth about what her mom did was out, there was nothing to run from.

"That is if they even allow you back there. Your school called me in tomorrow." Martin stated.
The school emailed her dad on a Sunday. It was serious.

"Do you think I'll be expelled?" Emma asked, terrified of the possibility.

"You were willing to hide serious information from the authorities sweetheart, that is not a good look and it could very well impact your entire future." Martin told his daughter.

"I was just trying to protect our family." Emma mumbled.

Martin let out a sigh.
"You should go get some rest. Tomorrow will be a long day."

Emma watched her father remove his eyeglasses and rub his eyes. She was worried about him because she had no idea how he was feeling about everything that happened.
"Are you okay?" She asked.

Martin nodded as he put his glasses back on.
"You are safe and that is all that matters to me."

Emma did not believe her father was okay. What her mother did was gut wrenching to her but also Martin. He loved Lori.

Emma got up and headed for the stairs. She wanted to stop and tell her father that Emmett was not his son but the thought of it made her blood run cold. She could not break her father's heart like that. She was going to have to take this secret to her grave, and she hoped with all her heart that Ray would not say anything to anyone either.

She ran up the stairs and got to her bedroom. The Gemini Project CD was resting on her study desk.

Emma walked over to her desk and removed the CD from its case, then snapped it in half immediately. She wished she never discovered it because it was nothing but pain. She did not know if Ray made a copy and she did not care either. She just wanted it gone from her presence.
Her phone started vibrating on the bed and she went to get it. Marcus's name was displayed on the screen.

"Hi." Emma said in a low tired tone. She and Marcus had plans for the night, but that seemed unlikely now. There was no way her father would let her out of the house.