Eight • Don't Dwell

Just ten more minutes.

• • •

Meanwhile, though Dazai said that he'd be coming home in ten minutes, he is still talking with Ango. Trust him, he'll still be home at the time he said he'd be back. He wouldn't go that far just for a person he met recently—nor would he ever do that to the person he lo

—to his girlfriend.

Yeah, he could never do that to his girlfriend.

"That must be really difficult. I can't imagine what it would feel like to lose your memories," Ango says, resting his arms on the table—which is weirdly funny to Ango cause the man has abs hiding under the button up and tie he wears. Despite not having any correlation, he thinks it's funny how there's so much people don't know about each other.

And his coat that he was wearing before was already hanging on the chair, something Dazai only notices now.

It's weird, he thinks to himself. He's been so goddamn observant for all he knows and suddenly, when he starts talking to someone he's never met before, all of those skills—if he really can call it that—go away.

"It is," Dazai sighs. "It's nice to talk to someone that I know I never knew before."

"I get that," Ango replies, somehow relating to it without having a similar experience to Dazai. "This has been a good time spent with you, Dazai."

"I can say the same for you," he replies, taking out his phone to check the time. "I have to go back home now, my—" he winces internally when he realizes he paused without realizing. "—my girlfriend is calling me."

Even Ango noticed the unintentional pause, but he doesn't make a comment on it because the fact that Dazai even refers to you as his girlfriend is progress itself.

"Ah, no worries," Ango says, watching Dazai get up from his seat as he stays in his spot. "I hope we'll meet again, Ango." Ango then smiles in return, reaching his hand out to shake Dazai's.

He's started walking out of the coffee shop. Ango reaches down into his bag to get his laptop, and he pushes his glasses up while he starts to open the laptop that's now on the table.

• • •

Dazai can't help but admire how nice the city of Yokohama looks at night. Crossing the street, he feels the urge to text you. So he takes out his phone, puts in the password of your name, and opens your chat—

Actually...

    (Dazai): I'm outside our building, but can you actually give me five more minutes? Please?" (Sent)

The text from Dazai...does disappoint you a little, but you respond almost immediately.

    (You): Yeah, it's okay. (Read)

God he read that quickly.

Now what he wanted to do—

He scrolls far up into your texts with him, reading as he scrolls up—it doesn't matter if it doesn't make much sense, he's just trying to figure something out. He can't help but smile softly while scrolling either, and he's realized that he often addressed you with "my love."

    (Dazai): Good morning, my love. You'll probably check your phone first when you wake up, so I'd like to say that I made you your favourite breakfast! I swear I didn't burn it this time.

Could he still call you that? Or maybe just love, and he could work on adding the 'my' since it seems really personal and—

Fuck, he just wants to do this right. Whatever being right in this situation is.

And in that short span of five minutes, he's already read quite a lot of texts between the two of you, so he starts to make his way up. He knocks on the door, patiently waiting for you to open.

You open the door, glad that Dazai's back after what felt like ages

—which is weirdly ironic after knowing the time that passed by when you were waiting for Dazai to wake up.

"Hi," he offers breathlessly, but it doesn't seem like he's exhausted in any shape or form.

A/N: sorry for another short chapter !