Chapter 16: Kill or be Killed

As Hange and Magath get a field look of the harbor, the Scouts, Reiner, Annie, and Falco were equipping their ODM gear to steal the flying boat from the Jeagerists who has taken control of the harbor.

"I'll kill them all in one swift attack. There's no other way to keep the airships safe." Annie suggested. "Just let me use you weapons and I'm basically one of the powerful warriors. No arguments, right?"

Mikasa, Armin, Jean, Connie, and Sasha show doubt on their faces regarding what Annie said. 

"Wait a second." Connie said.

"If we just attack the harbor indiscriminately, the Azumabito would be caught in the crossfire." Mikasa explained.

"Your ancestors are enemies who secretly aided you to attack our hometown."

"The Azumabito are crucial to this plan Annie." Pieck interjected. "If they die, it's a problem for us. Am I right?"

"It's like you said." Onyankopon said. "I could somehow fly the ship on my own to reach Eren. But without the Azumabito workers, then the airship would be a wingless boat."

"How does an airship like that work?" Porco asked.

"Airships are built with wings that are bent, which gives them traction on the sea to fly. They won't just fly if we unfold the wings. Before they can fly, airships need to be brought to a hanger for maintenance and flight check for it to work properly."

"How long would it take?" Reiner asked.

"It all depends on the Azumabito."

"I see." Annie said. "So basically, we need to earn time to prepare the ship while protecting the airship and the Azumabito. And aside from that, you don't want to harm anyone from the Jeagerists who will not hesitate to kill us. Is that what you're trying say?"

All five scouts show concern again.

"We don't want to harm them." Jean confessed. "We were all together during training."

"So? How do you intend to get through there with no casualties? I would love to hear your explanation on how to prepare the boat, defend the airship, and the Azumabito, while trying to avoid harming the enemy that will kill us?"

She then turns to Armin.

"Tell me, Armin. Just like back then when you knew my true identity, tell me your plan."

"We have no plan." Pieck says. "We either settle this and get our hands dirty, or we lose our only chance to stop Eren."

As they were all thinking of an accurate plan, Falco and Gabi were helping Levi up the hill watching over the harbor.

"Can you stand Captain?" Falco asked.

"For a few moments." Levi replied. 

As both kids set the injured Ackerman down, they all just waited for what the alliance would decide.

"Hey Grice."

Falco and Gabi turned towards Levi's direction.

"I would like to apologize for what happened back on the Marleyan airship."

"To be fair, I was the one who spat in your face." Falco replied. "But it just off the fact that you stared at me with intimidation."

"I just found it strange for a kid like you to have the so-called Special Blood, and the fact that you went toe to toe with Eren."

"I guess I got good reasons" Falco says looking at Gabi who smiles back towards him.

They were soon interrupted by a muffled scream. Falco and Gabi look down to see Magath covering Yelena's mouth while at the same time, breaking her left arm.