Chapter 8: Guides and Post Battles

(Normal POV)

Taking a break from their chores, Falco, Gabi, and Kaya were having lunch right beside the fence.

"You two seem to have gotten the hang of this." Kaya said.

"Thank you." Falco replied. "Most of the people here look young."

Kaya nodded. "They're all orphans."

"How did they come out here?"

"After a Coup D'etat, as well as a titan outbreak four years ago, the queen provided support to people that lost their parents as well to those who lived in the underground city. Children with nowhere to go come stable houses for shelter."

"it almost feels like they haven't admitted to their sins..." Gabi said

"Huh?" Kaya asked confused

"You act like, you've forgotten the brutal actions that the people on this island have committed to the world! Eldians need to understand their sins. Only then will they be able to the path to atonement!"

"Does it have anything to do with everyone losing their parents?"

"Of course! No matter how hard you try to hide it, you can't escape the crimes that were done!"

Falco was getting frustrated at what Gabi was saying and stepped in to stop her.

"Gabi, you can't just put that out there like that!"

"It's actual history! I need to remind her of what happened centeries ago!"

"Is that what you learned back at Marley?" Kaya said without either of them listening to her.

"You're still going on about it?! They didn't know about it for a hundred years!"

"Then prove it! tell me I'm not wrong right now!"

"I swear, you're driving me..." Falco's brain shut down and then turned to Kaya. "What did you just say?"

"You two are from Marley, right?"

"How did you know? Did Sasha tell you about us?"

"No. I was walking our dogs and I overheard what you were saying about Marley."

Falco felt embarrassed.  "Huh... So you knew from the start?! This is embarrassing! How could you keep this from us?"

Gabi then grabs a pitchfork a tries to kill Kaya, but Falco without thinking summons a hardened staff and blocks her.

"Stop it! What the hell are you doing?!"

"She's showing her true colors right now! I knew there was something off about her! No monster acts this nice! She decieved us!"

"Shut up! If you keep screaming like this then..."

One of the orphans shouted towards them. "Hey! What are you kids fighting about?!"

"Oh crap!" Falco and Gabi had to think of an alibi, but Kaya answered for them.

"Mia's jealous of me stealing her big brother!"

"Okay just don't play around with that thing pitchfork! It's not a toy!"

"Of course! Sorry!" Falco responded as he snatched the pitchfork away from Gabi. "Why did you protect us?"

"If i told the truth about you, you wouldn't be getting nice treatment from the other kids." Kaya said. "Once work is done, can you guys come with me? I want to show you something."

"Sure." Falco answered as they all went back to their chores.

(Eldian Military HQ)