𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐓𝐔𝐁𝐁𝐎𝐑𝐍 𝐖𝐎𝐌𝐀𝐍

Magsimula sa umpisa

Fucking jealousy.

"Bet you'd want Roi here instead of me."

She scoffed, "As a matter of fact, I'd much rather it."

Don't you dare fucking leave me again, Rem, I swear.

"Give him my fucking greetings then."

He stood up and left the room, his nails digging deep in his palm to stop the anger from rising to his head.

He regretted it the moment the door closed shut behind him with a loud thud, but there was nothing he could do now. Was it even worth it anymore? She was worth it, that was for sure, but she didn't want him. He had done too much damage, and Callisto just couldn't forgive him anymore. Hell, he had no right to be jealous. He was the one that pushed her away. He should be happy, because she was safe from him, even if she hated his guts.

Remus Lupin really wished he was one of those people that wanted their loved ones to be happy, even if that meant they had to stay away from him. He just wasn't. He wanted Callisto to be happy, but he wanted more than anything to be there for her. It was selfish and went up against his basic instincts, but he couldn't bear the thought of her smiling in someone else's arms.

Remus slumped up against the wall, closing his eyes. Immediately, pictures of her unconscious body swarmed in his mind, the anger dying down to give place to fear. He could easily be the one that had caused her all this harm if she ended up at the wrong place at the wrong time. He buried his head in his arms, trying to control his erratic breathing.

I promised to protect her.

He repeated over and over again, trying to push over the selfish thoughts.

I should be happy she's getting over me.

Tears started pricking his eyes as his breathing started to finally slow down, a terrible realization settling over in his mind.

I'm a monster.

~ ~ ~

"No, Professor!" Callisto stated, annoyance lacing her voice. "This is bullshit!"

"I know it is bullshit, Callisto." Horace stated, taking a crystallized pineapple from the box he had brought for Callisto. The girl narrowed her eyes at the gesture and he cleared his throat, leaving the candy back in the box. "May I take one, please?"

"Well, since you asked so politely, yes you may." The blonde gingerly said, huffing in annoyance. "I'm a better potioneer than their best fucking official."

"As true as this is, Callisto, the law is the law." Horace insisted, smiling sadly. "You're under 18, the potion would never get approved if they knew you were the creator."

"Under 18 and a bloody woman." Callisto bitterly said, trying to blink back the tears. "It's unfair."

"Look, the potion is going to the committee whatever happens." Slughorn sternly said, shaking his head. "We'll just have to...maneuver around the rules."

"What do you mean?"

"An alias." The man stated, his eyes glinting with more slyness Callisto could ever imagine him showing. "A fake potioneer, if you will. A cover-up."

"A man, over 18." Callisto murmured, Slughorn nodding courtly in agreement. "You want me to lie."

"I want your achievements to get the recognition they deserve, Callisto." He corrected. "I checked the potion today and it's going swimmingly. In fact, I added some belladonna, and it should be done much sooner."