Chapter 5: "You didn't call me..."

Alex POV

A few days had passed since the meet & greet and everything still seemed like a dream: Elise kept showing me the photos with her idol, not to mention the anecdotes she had talked about with Kathryn and Paul, while I, incredulous, occasionally observed that cell phone number, as if to remind me that I had really become an acquaintance of Elizabeth Olsen, but not for being the famous actress of Wanda Maximoff, but for being her, simply Elizabeth Olsen, the girl I had talked to a few days ago and I had made friends.

Since that evening, I still hadn't had the courage to write to her: had it really really happened? Was she really sure of all this? Did she want to make me participate in her life? Was that cell number really correct or was she making fun of me?
A thousand hypotheses kept running through my mind, until I was woken up by Elise.

"Buuuu" at those words I jumped from the chair and quickly hide the phone.

"Elise! Gosh! You gave me a heart attack..." I said, adjusting myself better on the chair.
"You're the one who plays the mysterious and hides the cell phone all of a sudden...what are you doing?" She asked taking an apple from the center of the table and then biting it.
"Nothing. I'm just thinking about a case at work... "
"As much as you like your job I know you're lying, but hey I don't want to press you...after all the university is waiting for me...but know that I'll keep asking you that, especially if you serve it on a silver platter like this time ..." she said winking at me and then taking the keys of her car and going to Los Angeles, which I should have done too pretty soon.

As much as I wanted to tell her, I hadn't said anything to Elise. Well, she had filled me with questions, but since it was a thing between Lizzie and I, I decided to omit the most of it, like having her mobile number: I just didn't want to put strange ideas into her mind and as much as I trusted Elise, I preferred to tell her in the future. The thing I had to figure out was if and what to write to Elizabeth.

Once breakfast was ended, I reached for my car keys, and once the house was locked, I got into the car towards Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

(...)

As soon as I entered the ward, I went to our dedicated room and once I put my "doctor's coat" on I went to the head nurse, Ellen Moore.

"Goodmorning sunshine. Ready for the 12h shift?"
"I can't tell you otherwise, also because in any case I wouldn't have discounts..." I said jokingly.
"Exactly. Now go to Doctor Lang. He should have some work for you... "
"Thanks Ellie" I said, smiling at her and then heading over to his office.

"Here you are Mr Walker. 12-hour shift, right?"
"Exactly Sir"
"Very good. In gastroenterology we have no need at the moment, so you will remain in the emergency room, at least until I call you with the pager. Dr. Ross has already been notified, you will help him with cases. See you later and good luck Walker " He said dismissing me.

Once I got out, I headed to the basement and soon noticed Dr. Ross flanked by nurses and other interns.

"Very good. Are you ready to start?
Johnson, Whitman and Bloom, you can go with Doctor Donovan.
Walker and Jackson, you stay with me at the triage. All clear?"
"Yes, sir"
"Perfect. Let's enter the scene"

Once Dr. Ross beckoned us, we followed him to the emergency room, where we prepared for the arrival of the various cases.

(...)

"Jarnette Olsen. 67 years old. She was born on January 22, 1954. She has severe abdominal pain especially in the left area accompanied by nausea, bloating and vomiting..."
"Walker, you take care of it, okay? You want to major in gastroenterology after all. This is your chance ... "
"Thank you Doctor Ross"
"Don't make me regret it. Take the folder "