Back To The Future (MCU Edition)

•••

•••

The next morning, after the final preparations had been made, they were ready to go back in time and get the stones. They wore their new suits, specifically designed to handle the time jump, and were gathered in the center of the time machine as Steve gave one of his famous speeches.

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back. One round-trip each. No mistakes... no do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives... and we're gonna win."  He exchanged a look with Tony. "Whatever it takes. Good luck."

"He's pretty good at that,"  Rocket pointed out.

"I think he rehearses in front of the mirror," Lexie muttered to him.

"Right?" Scott said excitedly, not having heard Lexies comment.

"All right," Tony began. "You heard the man. Stroke those keys, Jolly Green."

"Trackers engaged," Bruce informed before joining them.

"See ya in a minute," Natasha smirked playfully at Steve as everyone stood in a circle.

The machine started running, their helmets came on, and within a few seconds, they were sent through the quantum realm.

•••

NEW YORK

2012

The group of five appeared in an alleyway in the middle of the Battle of New York. Their time travel-suits disappeared and they were left in their normal ones.

Steve walked forwards. "All right, we all have our assignments. Two stones uptown, one stone down," he turned to them. "Stay low. Keep an eye on the clock."

Their attention was caught by the sound of a thud, and they turned to see the Hulk brutally kill some aliens. Bruce cringed in embarrassment.

"Maybe smash a few things along the way," Steve advised.

Bruce ripped off his shirt. "I think it's gratuitous, but whatever." He walked forward, Lexie trailing after him since she was going with him, and began roaring softly, meekly smashing a car, and generally trying to act like his former self. 

Key-word being trying.

They separated from the others and ran downtown.

About halfway there, they turned a corner, and Lexie, who was in front of Bruce, ran into an alien who immediately raised a gun at her. 

"Ah" she yelped in surprise and came to a halt, she was about to grab a weapon and kill it, but the alien directed its gun to somewhere on their right and shot another alien, before running off to continue shooting down its own fellow aliens.