Annoying Enhanced

•••

•••

The Avengers were gathered once again to attack a HYDRA base in Sokovia. They were looking for the scepter that had returned to HYDRAs possession.

Natasha was driving a car as Clint and Lexie were stood in the back, Clint shooting the soldiers with his bow and arrows, and Lexie shooting them with a gun she'd borrowed from Natasha. Her own weapons were meant for close distance fighting, and were useless right now, so she resorted to using a gun and hoped that she didn't end up shooting one of her own teammates.

She shot the soldiers she could see and tried desperately to not fall over because of Natasha trying to dodge the blasts fired at them. Lexie had no idea what weapons the soldiers were using, but they were definitely not handguns, like the one she was using. HYDRA had modified their weapons, most likely using power from the scepter, which, from what she knew about them, was a very HYDRA thing to do. 

The whole team was there fighting, and whenever someone from HYDRA came close enough to her, Lexie would electrocute them with her escrima sticks, sending them flying back.

They all closed together, forming a line, and attacked the enemy as a unit. Thor with his hammer raised, Clint with his bow raised, Natasha har her fists raised, Lexie had pulled her katana from where it'd been strapped to her back and was ready to strike down anyone who crossed her path. Steve was on his bike with his shield strapped to his back, Tony was clad in his Iron Man suit and was flying toward the soldiers, and, lastly, the Hulk was ready to do what he did best, smash!

"Shit!" she heard Tony over the comms after he'd flown off the get to the HYDRA base.

"Language!" Steve automatically responded, causing Lexie to snigger while stabbing a man in the leg, making him scream and fall to the ground. "Jarvis, what's the view from upstairs?"

"The central building is protected by some kind of energy shield," the British voice that Lexie had grown to know responded. "Strucker's technology is well beyond any other HYDRA base we've taken."

"Loki's scepter must be here," Thor commented. "Strucker couldn't mount this defense without it. At long last."

"'At long last' is lasting a little long, boys," Natasha said after having taken down several soldiers.

"I second that," Lexie added with a breathy voice as she fought three soldiers, who were much bigger than her, by herself.

"Yeah," Clint agreed. "I think we lost the element of surprise."

"Wait a second," Tony interrupted. "No one else is gonna deal with the fact that Cap just said 'Language'?"

"I know," Steve sighed. "Just slipped out."

"Don't worry, Tony," Lexie chuckled. "I'll never let him live that down."

"That's my girl," he responded with a small smile.

•••

"We have an enhanced in the field," Lexie heard Steve said.

She looked around herself and soon saw a blue streak approaching her very quickly. 

"Clint's hit!" she heard Natasha as well.

Her anger flared, but before she could really react, she was on her back letting out a small grunt of pain. She opened her eyes and saw a fairly handsome guy smirking down at her.

"Little shit," she huffed, making his smile broaden.

"Nothing personal," he said lightly, speaking with a strong accent.

"Kinda feels personal," she let out a small chuckle. She quickly activated her one of her escrima sticks and jabbed it in his side, throwing him back. He soon became a blue streak again and ran off.

"Stark, we really need to get inside," Steve spoke up while Lexie got back up on her feet with a hiss of pain and rubbing her back. She had a feeling she was walking like a seventy-year-old man with back problems. 

"I'm closing in," the man answered. He soon spoke up again. "The drawbridge is down, people."

Lexie, Thor and Steve met up. "The enhanced?" Thor asked.

"He's a blur," Steve responded.

"An annoying blur," Lexie grumbled, her back still sore.

"All the new players we've faced, I've never seen this. In fact, I still haven't."

"Clint's hit pretty bad, guys," Natasha told them over the comms. "We're gonna need evac."

"The little one and I can get Barton to the jet," Thor said, nodding to Lexie, who glared slightly at him. "The sooner we're gone, the better. You and Stark, secure the scepter."

"Copy that," Steve gave a nod.

The trio looked towards the group of soldiers running towards them in formation. "Looks like they're lining up."

"Well, they're excited." Lexie took a step back as Thor hit Mjölnir against Steves shield, throwing an energy wave towards the soldiers, throwing his to the sides and throwing the tank back.

"Find the scepter," Thor grabbed Lexie around the waist, swung his hammer, and they took off before she could have any other reaction than letting out a yelp.

"And for gosh sake, watch your language!" she heard Tony, but this time he didn't get a reaction from her as she was a bit distracted with flying.

•••

Guys, I'm terrible at writing fight scenes, I can never find the right words.

Pietro and Lexie have met. We all know what's gonna happen in the end, but until then, I want them to have kind of a love-hate relationship. I feel like their personalities fit that dynamic so well. I was honestly wondering if I wanted to keep him alive, so they could be like chaotic siblings, but I have no idea how I'd write him into the storyline later on.

First chapter of AoU, hope you liked it. Vote and comment xx