Lexie Steals An Army

•••

•••

Lexie walked with Steve, Natasha and Clint through the crowded base and approached the jet. They walked in without hesitation, alerting the man already on board. He stood up and said: "Hey, you guys aren't authorized to be in here."

"Son, just don't," Steve said, causing Lexie to snicker quietly.

•••

"There's a hole in the sky," Lexie said quietly, looking ahead at the city. "With aliens. Wonderful," she shrugged sarcastically.

"Stark, we're on your three, headed northeast," Natasha spoke through the mic. 

"What?" Tony asked. "Did you stop for drive-through?"

"We should've," Lexie said. "I'm hungry."

"Swing up Park. I'm gonna lay 'em out for you."

As they flew towards the end of a street, Tony flew past with a bunch of aliens following him. Natasha started shooting them.

"Nat," Clint said as they saw Loki and Thor fighting.

"Shoot him," Lexie cheered for her. "I believe in you."

I kind of backfired as Loki shot them instead, causing the jet to swerve and go down. They crashed into the sides of buildings as Natasha and Clint tried to get them safely to the ground, before they crashed, destroying the road in the process. 

"Ow," Lexie put a hand to her rib, before all four quickly exited the jet. 

"We gotta get back up there," Steve said. They ran onto a bridge, but slowed down when they heard a loud, mechanical growl. They stopped and looked up at the sky. Lexie got a bad feeling in the pit of her stomach, but that could've been caused by the fact that she hadn't eaten. 

Something much bigger than the other aliens, that looked like a worm, appeared and moved towards them. It flew right over their heads as they were looking at the army that was quickly growing.

"Stark, are you seeing this?" Steve asked.

"Seeing," he responded. "Still working on believing. Where's Banner has he shown up yet?"

"Banner?"

"Just keep me posted."

•••

They were crouching behind a cab, trying to figure out their next move. 

"We've got civilians still trapped up there," Clint nodded towards a building. 

"Loki," Steve said as the god himself sped past them. Which would've been a funny sight had he not been, you know, murdering people. "They're fish in a barrel down there."

"We got this," Natasha gestured to herself and Clint. "We'll go in pairs. It's good. Go."

"Do you think you can hold them off?" he asked as ha and Lexie got ready.