Sokovia

•••

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

•••

They were evacuating the citizens of Sokovia, trying to get them to safety before the fight broke out.

Lexie was near where Clint was stood when robots started coming in from all directions, shooting at anyone and everyone. She pulled out her eskrima sticks and started fighting any of them that came too close, while dodging their other attacks.

While she was fighting one, she looked at some of the civilians who had stopped in fear, not knowing what to do. "Keep going!" she ordered them before delivering a final blow to the robots neck, causing it to crumble.

Suddenly she heard rumbling all around her, and saw a crack grow through the city. "What the hell?" she muttered to herself, standing by Clint and Wanda. The city began to rise.

"Do you see the beauty of it?" she heard Ultrons voice. "The inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword. And the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me." Clint shot one of the bots, but a new one took its place and Ultrons voice continued to speak. "It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

Lexie made eye contact with Wanda, both had wide eyes, before they looked back at the robots.

Then the fight continued.

"Cap, you got incoming," she heard Tony over the comms.

"Incoming already came in," he responded with a pained voice. "Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely. The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off."

"Easier said than done," Lexie grunted as she was hitting a robot and another one attacked her from behind.

"Well, I'm sure if anyone can figure it out it's you," Clint told her before firing an arrow at the one that had attacked her.

•••

Clint, Lexie and Wanda were starting to become overrun. More and more robots kept coming at them quicker than they could kill them.

"Go, go, go!" Clint pulled them both away and they jumped through a window to seek cover.

"How could I let this happen?" Wanda asked herself, freaking out and crawling over to the wall.

"Hey, hey, you okay?" Clint asked her. Lexie looked at them as she pulled a few pieces of glass from her arm.

"This is all our fault."

"Hey, look at me. It's your fault, it's everyones fault. Who cares? Are you up for this? Are you? Look, I just need to know. Because the city is flying. Okay. Look, the city is flying, we're fighting an army of robots, and I have a bow and arrow. Lexie's not much better, she has electric sticks. None of this makes sense," he shook his head. Someone shot at the wall, almost hitting them with bullets, but Clint shot an arrow at them. "But I'm going back out there because it's my job. Okay? And I can't do my job and babysit. Neither can Lexie. It doesn't matter what you did or what you were. If you go out there, you fight, and you fight to kill. Stay in here, you're good. I'll send your brother to come and find you. But if you step out that door, you are an Avenger." He looked at her before getting ready to get back out. "All right. Good chat." He walked over to the door, pausing when he passed Lexie and pulled out a piece of gauze from his pocket, handingit to her. "Yeah, the city is flying," he said before moving out.

Walking in the Wind // Avengersजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें