Ch-38: Sᴇᴠᴇɴ Yᴇᴀʀs Lᴀᴛᴇʀ / Tᴇxᴀs, U.S.A

A 29-year-old Braedey Witwicky Martin, who has gone through a bit of a strength regime and looks tougher than before, sat behind the wheel of his Chevrolet C-10 pickup truck, now waiting patiently outside of his daughter's school, waiting for her to turn up. He taps his finger against the steering wheel to himself, all the while with thinking back about recent events and changes.

~*~*~

A month after the Battle of Chicago, Braedey finally decided to live away from the action and risking his life. It's not because he wanted to be away from the Autobots, but because he wanted to settle down with Jasmine and try to settle down. Braedey and Jasmine moved out to Texas and where they waited on their first child. However, after giving birth to their daughter, Daphne, Jasmine unfortunately died due to a medical complication after childbirth.

The loss of Jasmine took a toll on Braedey, and it hurt him badly from the death of his wife. But he kept on going despite the loss of Jasmine. He also lost his husky Shadow due to old age, but Braedey knew his best friend had lived out his best years. Years passed by with Braedey being a single parent and raising Daphne all on his own with his pal Lucas. He also managed to come across Ken and Jennifer, the two with their own child Diana, and living on their own farm in Texas. They would come over for barbecues or just to have small talk with them while Daphne and Diana played together. Also, to pass the time, Braedey would make art out of scrap metal and whatever he can find at junkyards, yard sales, or from places selling their old junk, Braedey actually making a profit on his artwork for people who want his art. He even got some calls for commission art. This was something he now enjoyed, and it made Braedey feel happy and feel like he's doing something fun. His daughter would also help him out.

Braedey would tell Daphne about his adventures with the Autobots and how he saved the planet on multiple accounts, making Daphne shocked and happy she had an amazing father. Braedey loved his daughter with all his heart, and would never let anything happen to her.

But as the years passed, Braedey couldn't stop thinking about what had transpired between him and the Transformers. The destruction and political fallout caused by the Battle of Chicago had turned a large portion of humanity against the Transformers, and as a result, NEST and all other human-Autobot cooperation programs are shut down. Anyone who was affiliated with the Autobots or had any contact with them were either arrested or interrogated to get any news about them. Last that Braedey heard from the Autobots, it turns out they're in hiding and had cut communications with one another and cease all contact with humans, something regarding targeted attack...

~*~*~

Nowadays, there's been nothing but negative publicity about the Transformers, whether they're Autobot or Decepticon. In the media's eyes and many others, they're all bad. There were even posters across towns and cities that are calling out for people to help try and find the Transformers.

"The Battle of Chicago was an event that permanently changed our world-" Reports could be heard on the truck's radio as Braedey flicked through the channels "Over 1,300 dead- CBS News Reporter: Much of the city has been destroyed- Homeland Security is urging everyone to report suspicious alien activity- A swift act of Congress put an end to all joint operations between the military and the Autobots, ending the alliance." Braedey shuts off the radio with a sigh of exasperation.

'I just hope they're alright.' Braedey thought to himself. He looked to his left arm, a section of the arm open to show a Comms pad of sorts, showing the names of the Autobots. He then flicked his wrist, the section closing up and concealing itself from sight. 'No. I have to stick to the order, and keep radio silence.' He thought.