9| Kiss

[edited]

I crack open the door to Nevaeh's room

I crack open the door to Nevaeh's room. I knocked a couple of times but got no answer. I put my hand on my gun, pushing the door open.

Nevaeh's back is facing me. Cazzo,give me a heart attack; why won't you?

Her dirty blond hair is tied in a messy knot. Her baggy black t-shirt hanging from her lower thighs.

Imagine what I could do if she didn't.

No no.

Her black shirt has all sorts of colors on it. The end of the paint brush in her mouth as she thinks of what to do next.

The Sun beaming down on her fair skin, making her look even more like a goddess. The few freckles on her thigh and smeared paint on her legs.

I look at the painting. It's two women with their backs against each other. It look like their worlds are separated.

The woman on the left has a book in her hand and is in a bedroom.

The woman on the right is a forest holding a sword, and her armor is broken. "It's beautiful."
Her head snapped at me. There's even paint on her face.

"Uh, thank you." She whispered, placing her paint brush down. Her cheeks were turning a bit pink.

I hate pink, but she's going to make me love that damn color. "What is it, and what does it mean?" I step closer to her.

"Uh, the painting?" I nod.

"It's a girl who loves to read to get away from her problems. When she reads, she becomes the character." Her soft, angelic voice flooded my ears.

I shouldn't like it as much as I do but I can't help it.

I walk over to her painting, wanting to look at it closer. "You have something on your face." Nevaeh said it made me feel a lot embarrassed. "Right here."

She wiped her painted hand on my face. I blinked a few times. A little surprised.

His expression was blank

His expression was blank. His long lashes had blue paint on them and his plump lips were covered in paint. When his gaze bore into mine, there was fire.