Chapter Twelve: Highs and Lows

. . . . FRED/GEORGE POV. . . 

The Gryffindor common room is ablaze with celebration, the twins balancing Harry on their shoulders as he raises the golden egg to the ceiling.

"We knew you wouldn't die Harry." George says enthusiastically. 

"Lose a leg" Fred gives a slight chuckle.

"Or an arm." 

"Pack it in altogether?"

"Never!!" They cheer the last bit in unison. 

"Go on Harry, what's the clue?"Seamus eagerly encourages Harry to open the golden egg.

"Who wants me to open it?" Harry gets the crowed going, still balancing on the shoulders of the 6 ft 3  Weasley boys. "You want me to open it?" The crowed cheer again, finally he opens the egg but a a loud horrific screech comes out, causing the twins to drop Harry, who quickly closes it again.

"What the bloody hell was that?" Everyone turns as Ron appears in the doorway."

"Alright everyone, go back to your knitting. This is gonna be uncomfortable enough without all you nosey sods listening in" Fred looks between the two friends, the twins urging everyone to disperse.

"I reckon you'd have to be barking mad to put your own name in the goblet of fire." Ron says awkwardly as he talks to Harry.

"Caught on have you. Took you long enough" Harry snaps a little, but his tone is more playful.

"Wasn't just me who thought you'd done it. Everyone was saying it behind your back" Ron tried to defend himself clumsily.

"Brilliant. That makes me feel loads better." 

"At least I warned you about the dragons." Ron points out proud of himself. 

"No, Hagrid warned me about the dragons" Harry says confused. 

"Oh no no, I did. Don't you remember? I told Hermione to tell you that Seamus told me that Parvati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you. Seamus never actually told me anything, so it was really me all along. I thought you'd be alright, you know, after you figured that out." Ron explains a little sheepishly. 

"Who could possibly figure that out? That's completely mental." Harry says, looking at his friend bewildered. 

"Yeah it is isn't it. Suppose I was a bit distraught." 

"Ron's an idiot" Fred said cheerily as they sit on the other side of the room. 

"Bit like you then" George says, elbowing his brother. 

"And you" Fred elbows him back. 

"Have you spoken to Y/N properly yet?" 

"No why?" 

"Thought you might have that's all." 

"I don't think her boyfriend would approve." Fred huffs.

"Boys." Hermione says in disbelief listening to the two conversations. 

. . . END OF FRED/GEORGE POV. . .