Chapter 35- Tears

Credits to the rightful owner of the picture above.

A/N: Happy new year, everyone! I hope you had fun with your family and friends and please make sure to practice social distancing. Hope you have a great year ahead!

-

"Sayang, if Athena's here she should have been the candidate for the Miss Nottinghale on our upcoming Graduation ball." I heard Stella' murmur.

"Can't believe she's gone, man. It has not fully sinked in." Gustav, Block B's Vice President said in monotone.

Tumikhim ako upang makuha ang attention nila. It's been 2 months, I need to move on but how can I move on when people keep on talking about her?

We are currently here in my office discussing about the upcoming Graduation Ball. It's been two months since that incident happened and I wish it has never came to that point. I was so weak, so vulnerable and I am still in pain.

Stella became the Block A's President since Athena, obviously, is no longer here. For Chinee, I don't know where the hell is her, I am still mad at her for what she's done. Hindi sana mawawala si Athena sa akin.

"Guys, I know it's saddening about what happened to Athena and Chinee but we should push this event in honor of our friends.." There's a crack in Samantha's words and I know she's just trying to have a positive attitude. Huminga siya ng malalim at kumawala ng luha.

Do you know what deeply saddens me? Athena's studies. She should be graduating, she should have experienced a normal life, she should have experienced this Graduation Ball, and I am also blaming myself for what happened to her.

Kung hindi lang sana ako na-late. Naabutan ko sana siya.

Sa loob ng dalawang buwan, marami akong pinagdaanan. Unti unting bumabalik ang mapapait na ala-ala na gusto ko nang ibaon sa limot.

"Save you energy, my love.. we are near the Hospital.." I couldn't contain my tears and I hate seeing Athena like this. It breaks my heart. She can make it..

I saw her trying to say something. I held both of her hands, caressing it.

"No-Nor" She's having a difficult time speaking and I think this is important. That's why I put my ears near her mouth to hear what she's about to say.

"What baby?" I gently whispered.

"No-no-Noriel"

"Noriel" I was in shock when I heard the name Noriel when suddenly Athena collapsed. I panicked when I realized that she's no longer moving.

Bigla akong tinulak ng mga nurse na nasa loob ng ambulance na ito so that they can revive Athena.

I am not so religious but deep down I am calling God to save her life.

"She lost a lot of blood! Kung hindi siya masasalinan agad ng dugo, she might die! Miss, please contact all the people you know who has A+ Blood Type." The guy nurse is trying to revive Athena.

I felt relieved when I saw that Athena has been revived. Sobrang clouded na ng utak ko, I can't think straight.

Ibinaba na sa Ambulance si Athena at itinakbo agad sa Operating Room, I hurriedly called Athena's family. I got Devon's number earlier and he was not shocked about my former relationship with her sister.

"Hello, Ms. Eira? How's my sister? We are on our way to the Hospital already." Biglang sagot ni Devon sa tawag ko.

"Dev, we need A+ Blood for your ate. I would give blood if I could but I am AB+" Hinang hina ako dahil kahit sa blood transfusion hindi ako makatulong. Wala akong kwenta!